Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

In a standard non-ppr league.  

John Brown and Ekeler are both FAs, and i was thinking about dropping someone for one (particularly Ekeler).  My wrs and rbs are as follows and i dont know if i should drop any of them...

RB: DJ, Cook, Connor, Shady (who ive been trying to trade forever), Deion Lewis

WR: Fitzgerald, Jones Jr., Will Fuller, Alshon Jeffery, Edelman

The other bench spots are Wentz and Burton who i dont want to get rid of.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:58 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

As someone who owns Cooper in 2 leagues. I dont like it. Im selling Cooper. He is incredibly frustrating to have on your team 

so i did another trade lol, i picked up ekeler and used him and cooper for boyd and robinson

my team

QB: Ryan

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, hyde, Michel, Jones

WR: Adams, Robinson, Tate, Baldwin, Mike Williams, Boyd

TE: Ertz

DEF: Bears, Packers(for the week)

K: Butker

anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the team or just ride this? I think it's a very good squad (12 team standard) but im nervous about the WR2 position. I have a ton of options each week and I feel i'll pick the wrong one every week lol

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, SimsZilla said:

so i did another trade lol, i picked up ekeler and used him and cooper for boyd and robinson

my team

QB: Ryan

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, hyde, Michel, Jones

WR: Adams, Robinson, Tate, Baldwin, Mike Williams, Boyd

TE: Ertz

DEF: Bears, Packers(for the week)

K: Butker

anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the team or just ride this? I think it's a very good squad (12 team standard) but im nervous about the WR2 position. I have a ton of options each week and I feel i'll pick the wrong one every week lol

The only thing I could think of is trading multiple solid options for must play options.  See if the AB/Odell/Julio owner would take Hyde and Baldwin/Tate.  Or something along those lines. 

51 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Is anyone else done with Alex Collins?  He was a keeper of mine given I only had to give a 12th rounder for him but he isn't even producing enough to keep on the team.  Would you drop him for Clement, Ronald Jones, Coutee...

I have the guy in a league and he has disappointed but he has scored a couple times and has given you usable weeks.

But maybe my standards are lower because I have guys like Fournette, Drake and Dalvin Cook in other leagues and struggling to get me 5 points on any given week....

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Is anyone else done with Alex Collins?  He was a keeper of mine given I only had to give a 12th rounder for him but he isn't even producing enough to keep on the team.  Would you drop him for Clement, Ronald Jones, Coutee...

It's annoying how much of a committee approach Baltimore has, and even more annoying that Collins is neither the passing down back or the goal line back (every time they give him a chance, he fumbles. It's incredible). I have him on my team, but he's strictly end of the roster fodder for me. I think he's rb 5. I don't have any problems if people want to drop him, though there's not much better out there. Clement really only has value if there's an injury. I think the carries Jones got yesterday were his first carries all year. Given the nature of that game, I don't think that you can really take anything away from that. Coutee could be interesting in a ppr league as Ellington had some really nice games last year in a similar role, but the thing is, one, it's easier to make up whatever production Coutee will give you with another wide receiver. I don't trust the Houston offense enough for them to keep three receivers viable all year either. Unless you're really bullish on Coutee moving forward, or have major issues at wide receiver (which I don't know why you would), I don't like moving off a running back to pick up a bench wide receiver. 

For me right now, Collins is largely at the whatever stage. If you play in more of a shallow league and there are solid options out there, by all means, cut him. If the options that you are looking at are Clement / Jones / Coutee...I don't know...I don't think it really helps you out any besides maybe not making you so mad lol

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

No, because you can probably still flip him (being a starting RB) for something better than one of those guys you listed.  If you're going to sell low, at least try to get something off someone else's roster - look to see if you can get another buy low candidate in exchange (Keenan Allen, maybe?  Larry Fitzgerald?  or even, depending on where his owner drafted him... at least see if you can get a swap for Rashad Penny because then you have at least some solid keeper value to hold).

26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

No, because you can probably still flip him (being a starting RB) for something better than one of those guys you listed.  If you're going to sell low, at least try to get something off someone else's roster - look to see if you can get another buy low candidate in exchange (Keenan Allen, maybe?  Larry Fitzgerald?  or even, depending on where his owner drafted him... at least see if you can get a swap for Rashad Penny because then you have at least some solid keeper value to hold).

Good point.  I should have also mentioned its a weird league that has two WR/TE spots and 2 WR/RB spots, so WR's tend to have more value as you can play more of them.  I will reach out and try to sell him and hope to get some more value.

Archived