Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

If it is what you are talking about, it would have been short of the first down. But either way the play call makes it easier to defend the offense there. 

Yeah, I don't think it would have gotten it either, especially when it was rolling into the teeth of the major route tree. Weird decision there - I would have had the underneath crossing route going in the opposite direction of Kittle and the outside receiver. Once the underneath guy catches it, he has blockers, but hte teeth of the defense is there. I'd rather take the chance on the receiver just breaking through a defender or two the other way. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

This team has always been a pass rusher and redzone threat short of contention. Blame Shanny and his playcalling all you want, nobody on the roster is built to score TDs. I blame Shanahan and Lynch for not recognizing that more than the plays themselves. 

And I DO blame Shanny for that. I've heeard him talk at length about how he wants guys that get separation . He simplly does not value the qualities that RZ targets bring to his offense. I swear I think he would rather have Kittle than Gronk on his team.

Just now, big9erfan said:

And I DO blame Shanny for that. I've heeard him talk at length about how he wants guys that get separation . He simplly does not value the qualities that RZ targets bring to his offense. I swear I think he would rather have Kittle than Gronk on his team.

Time to bring in JG or Dez. 

Archived