Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I just have this weird feeling this game ends up being a shootout

As long as Jimmy G looks good, that's fine. I'm more worried about that, than actually getting a W. The team isn't going anywhere far this season anyway. Jimmy looking for real + high draft pick = good season. 

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

As long as Jimmy G looks good, that's fine. I'm more worried about that, than actually getting a W. The team isn't going anywhere far this season anyway. Jimmy looking for real + high draft pick = good season. 

If Jimmy looks for real we aren't getting a top draft pick. At best that would put us in the 12-15 range, but likely 18-22 range. 

I'm for some reason really excited to see what Pettis does with starter snaps today. I also expect Bourne to make an impact in the passing game unlike last week. 

Wish our OL holds up unlike last week. Lions don't nearly have that type of front 7 as the Vikings so that should help. Our running game may have a chance to really get going as well, but what I want to see is Breida being a factor in the passing game. Didn't get to see that last year. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Jimmy looks for real we aren't getting a top draft pick. At best that would put us in the 12-15 range, but likely 18-22 range. 

I'm for some reason really excited to see what Pettis does with starter snaps today. I also expect Bourne to make an impact in the passing game unlike last week. 

Wish our OL holds up unlike last week. Lions don't nearly have that type of front 7 as the Vikings so that should help. Our running game may have a chance to really get going as well, but what I want to see is Breida being a factor in the passing game. Didn't get to see that last year. 

Not necessarily. Remember the 2008 Packers? It was Rodgers first year as a starter. They went 6-10, and finished with the 9th overall pick. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Not necessarily. Remember the 2008 Packers? It was Rodgers first year as a starter. They went 6-10, and finished with the 9th overall pick. 

And that's rare. With our schedule, if Jimmy G looks like the real deal this team is winning 7-9 games, if not more. That's taking us out of the top 10. 

Archived