Aaron Rodgers' Knee Thread

incognito_man

Wilde mentioned today that he asked Rodgers why he was being obtuse about the knee, if it was gamesmanship and Rodgers said they are just being cautious with what they say so they don’t get everyone’s hopes up only to have a setback and not be able to play. So current trajectory is definitely for him to play Sunday. 

I think he plays, in terms of could he do more damage to the knee of course he could.  His gimpy movement on a play could lead to a more serious injury if he gets his leg stuck at the wrong angle or stuck in the ground at the worst possible time during a hit.

I think the Packers need a masterful game-plan for this game, in terms of playing a quick passing game like you saw against the Bears, working real hard on the protection schemes, using RB's and TE's to block or at least slow down the rush.

If Rodgers can play, he should play.  At home against the Vikings is a game we need to win, and one we can't possibly win without Rodgers.  Sacrificing this game is like sacrificing two game's no two only for the division, but homefield advantage as well, which we we will need.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Depending on the extent of the injury and projected length of rehab he'd require - it might be prudent to sit him this week.
A bad game to give up to a divisional foe - no doubt - I'm just thinking out loud.

Dude, he came back immediately after the injury vs a divisional foe. People need to stop overthinking this. He's playing.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Dude, he came back immediately after the injury vs a divisional foe. People need to stop overthinking this. He's playing.

The swelling and tightness didn't set in yet.  Him playing this week is a completely different scenario.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Ok. I hope Zimmer and co are buying that line too and preparing for Kizer.

I'm not saying I don't think he plays.  I'm saying that he was able to come back right away for the reasons I mentioned.  If he would have had to play Monday I'd bet my house there was no way he could have.  After all the best treatments for a week, I'm convinced he will play.  

By the way, Zimmer also knows Rodgers is playing.  "He walks on water"

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Rodgers can play, he should play.  At home against the Vikings is a game we need to win, and one we can't possibly win without Rodgers.  Sacrificing this game is like sacrificing two game's no two only for the division, but homefield advantage as well, which we we will need.

Could not agree more. Frankly, if I had to pick one game I would not want this week, given the circumstances, it would be this game because of its importance. I'd much rather be playing at Minny or at LA or NE, a game we'd have a higher-loss percentage anyways. We NEED this game. Sucks we are even in this situation again. 

45 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Dude - I'm actually not wondering if he will or wont. I was simply commenting (w/o any data) if it would be long term prudent to hold him out. Thats all.
His playing that night is more understandable than after he's stopped and the leg tightens up - and they did complete tests to determine the injury's extent.

Besides that - Barr took out a healthy AR last year and they made it to the NFCCG. Do I trust him enough to think he wouldnt try to take an injured AR out?
I'm a trusting guy....but.....

Archived