Speculating on Hash Gordon for the Last Time

KhanYouDigIt

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it also leads to INT’s if you’re QB is anticipating a particular route and you run something else.

Any WR consistently running incorrect routes is inexcusable.

To me that’s why he was so good at running slants and fades  it takes zero effort or attention to detail really. Prolly told him to run past the defender or across the face of this defender. 

You rarely saw plays made with post, post corners, corners, ns and outs, and etc. stuff where you need to run them right so the QB can throw them to a spot for you. If you are off on Those routes you will run yourself most likely into coverage or to a spot the QB just  can’t throw it to. 

The drags, quick slants, fades, streaks. You can drift on those routes and be fine. You drift on those other routes and you made yourself not a target anymore. Specially if it’s a passing concept.  Like Curl to flat, spacing, drive concepts, flood concepts.  To me that’s prolly he was at Baylor because those are the only routes he can run and that’s the only routes Briles ever truly asked from his WRs to run. 

16 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Think Boston accent but way more intoxicated.

Haha. I’m just messing around. We find it funny when people speak of a ‘British’ accent considering there are three different countries in Britain. Then all of the completely different ones within those countries. It’s kind of equivalent to if I said there was a “North American” accent.

The current James Bond actor uses a Received Pronunciation accent if I remember rightly. I think they once said it was used by about 3% of us. It’s far more likely that it is actually used by <1% of us. Rare and disliked/stigmatised for a number of political/cultural reasons over here.

I do like the Boston accent though. That’s one of your best.

32 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Haha. I’m just messing around. We find it funny when people speak of a ‘British’ accent considering there are three different countries in Britain. Then all of the completely different ones within those countries. It’s kind of equivalent to if I said there was a “North American” accent.

The current James Bond actor uses a Received Pronunciation accent if I remember rightly. I think they once said it was used by about 3% of us. It’s far more likely that it is actually used by <1% of us. Rare and disliked/stigmatised for a number of political/cultural reasons over here.

I do like the Boston accent though. That’s one of your best.

Gotcha.

Boston accents are great unless you get into a discussion about Cark keys/khakis and you have no clue what they're talking about.

New Yorker accents and southern accents are pretty great too.

Listening to a New Yorker speak makes me want to swallow a grenade.

My experience of New York City was crap. On the other side of it, I loved living in Boston. Another accent I liked was down in Charleston, SC. Not sure if there’s a specific name for that one. But I enjoyed it, as well as the friendliness of the people.

26 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

My experience of New York City was crap. On the other side of it, I loved living in Boston. Another accent I liked was down in Charleston, SC. Not sure if there’s a specific name for that one. But I enjoyed it, as well as the friendliness of the people.

The idea of “southern hospitality” is real in my experience.  Those folks are super nice and super polite.

Bahstahn doesn’t bhathah me.  NY/NJ is the worst.

Love some Cajun accents tho, cracks me up every time.

Haha yeah Cajuns ?

Sometimes when I have nothing to do I watch that ginseng hunter show. Sometimes their accent is so bad they have to translate what they’re saying at the bottom of the screen!

Same with the moonshiners show. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Haha yeah Cajuns ?

Sometimes when I have nothing to do I watch that ginseng hunter show. Sometimes their accent is so bad they have to translate what they’re saying at the bottom of the screen!

Same with the moonshiners show. 

The Cajun is strong with this one...

”Choot ‘em!!”

Archived