Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And if I recall that DB kept crashing toward Williams. If Adams gets a good block on the CB, healthy Rodgers scores a TD. Man would that have been an epic end to a game. Even hurt Rodgers probably gets the 25.

pre game I said that they would take all the zone read out of the playbook because of the injury.  Here it was a really good call, really bad execution.  Basically the QB equivalent of dropping a pass where you are already turning and running with the ball.

Just now, cannondale said:

Not sure I agree with Rodgers. Is that Smith coming down hill at  speed ? Unless Rodgers had a one legged juke move planned. I don't see big yardage

Smith attacked at an angle towards Williams.

I'm real sick of these beat writers and the still shots crap. You get paid to rewatch the game over and over. Make a gif lol.

Just now, cannondale said:

Not sure I agree with Rodgers. Is that Smith coming down hill at  speed ? Unless Rodgers had a one legged juke move planned. I don't see big yardage

I think you're right but he most certainly would have gotten the 1st down, even with his bum knee. Likely looking at a new set of downs at or inside the Vikes 35 yard line.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Were you at the game? If so, approximately how many yards does hurt Aaron get? Just a few and first down? Or more like 10+? 

Yeah I was, hard to say hurt, but my guess was the 25. Healthy? I think he walks it off with a belt in the endzone. (Though part of why it was so open might have been literally none of the 80k players, coaches or fans expected Aaron to keep a zone read).

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And if I recall that DB kept crashing toward Williams. If Adams gets a good block on the CB, healthy Rodgers scores a TD. Man would that have been an epic end to a game. Even hurt Rodgers probably gets the 25.

From that "still shot" the whole question is, how quickly does Harrison Smith react and recover? 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Smith attacked at an angle towards Williams.

I'm real sick of these beat writers and the still shots crap. You get paid to rewatch the game over and over. Make a gif lol.

Agreed, but it looks to me that Smith is already adjusting toward Rodgers at speed and he is closer to the yellow line than a one legged Rodgers who is not at speed. A gif would help but I have to give the nod to Smith here, and it's not close

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I was, hard to say hurt, but my guess was the 25. Healthy? I think he walks it off with a belt in the endzone. (Though part of why it was so open might have been literally none of the 80k players, coaches or fans expected Aaron to keep a zone read).

I don't really think so.  Maybe Smith only reacts to the ball coming out, but either way he chases down Rodgers after 10 or so yards.

@Packerraymond @cannondale @packfanfb here's ya gif

kQtoYI7.gif

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I don't really think so.  Maybe Smith only reacts to the ball coming out, but either way he chases down Rodgers after 10 or so yards.

https://i.imgur.com/kQtoYI7.gif

Who knows, but Rodgers exposing the ball on the ground like dropping a steak on the kitchen floor when your dog is around probably didn't help lol.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Who knows, but Rodgers exposing the ball on the ground like dropping a steak on the kitchen floor when your dog is around probably didn't help lol.

definitely.  My question is... is he going to pass to adams there?  On the replay he loses it trying to switch hands.  So maybe he's looking to throw to Adams there

Archived