Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fennell isn't some resurrected journalist. He's got as much credibility as I do (except I don't get my gifs by pointing my phone at the TV).

There's no reason to think he's right about anything technique wise (In this instance he is correct that HHCD is tackling with poor form. What isn't getting reported here is that pretty much every DB in the NFL tackles like that, especially on bigger ball carriers.

Seems like he was going for the ball too on some of those plays.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I can tell you just going off memory that's how Shields, Randall, Rollins and Hayward tackled a majority of the time. DBs throw their bodies at legs of ball carriers a lot. 

Theme if this week must be "let's make something out of nothing regarding our safeties."

Bigger fish to fry with this team. HHCD and Brice are fine.

80% ?  No.  

I can tell you just going off memory about a pretty good safety that we had whose career came to an abrupt end by lowering his head and taking a knee to it.  

I can also tell you how it's coached in little league, high school and college.  That ain't it.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody on Twitter syndrome. 

I'd be jealous of someone getting paid to break down film, too.  I've seen you be very dismissive of someone's opinion because of the platform that they choose.  

In all honesty, if you don't have an account and you're a fan of the NFL, you need one.  Fine if you don't follow the puff piece beat writers.  But there are 5 to 6 guys out there that provide a detailed and accurate breakdown of the game that you won't get from a paid site.  

Route concepts, blitz concepts, coverage concepts, player breakdowns, etc.  Not only do they understand the game but they provide video clips as well.  Film doesn't lie.

24 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Route concepts, blitz concepts, coverage concepts, player breakdowns, etc.  Not only do they understand the game but they provide video clips as well.  Film doesn't lie.

Like the twitter scouts are any more informed/football intelligent than some of the people in this sub forum.. It's neat and fun content but a twitter account isn't at all necessary if you have access to your own all 22 and football knowledge. 

40 minutes ago, Cheech said:

80% ?  No.  

I can tell you just going off memory about a pretty good safety that we had whose career came to an abrupt end by lowering his head and taking a knee to it.  

I can also tell you how it's coached in little league, high school and college.  That ain't it.

What does Nick Collins have to do with anything? Everything in football is dangerous. 

Ive been around football my entire life, doesn't matter how it's coached, we played Booker Stanley at like 28 years old and prison strong when he was at UWW. The defense didn't get brownie points for trying to form tackle him when they got bowled over. HHCD is told " get his *** to the ground " and that's how he chose to do it. Not a big deal, it's his health, but from a football standpoint, you hit a guy good and low, he falls down a lot so why do we care?

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Like the twitter scouts are any more informed/football intelligent than some of the people in this sub forum.. It's neat and fun content but a twitter account isn't at all necessary if you have access to your own all 22 and football knowledge. 

I'd love to see those people you talk about post the content that is available on Twitter.  I would eat that **** up.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What differentiate this from a Capers type melt down?

That's what I can't figure out. ppl put it on the King injury, but it's not like they had King in 16/17 outside of an injury-plagued rookie year. Obviously didn't have the high picks of Alexander/Jackson or TWill from free angency. That's not to say Pettine isn't better than Capers, but we must admit he's playing with a different deck of cards right now. 

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fennell isn't some resurrected journalist. He's got as much credibility as I do (except I don't get my gifs by pointing my phone at the TV).

There's no reason to think he's right about anything technique wise (In this instance he is correct that HHCD is tackling with poor form. What isn't getting reported here is that pretty much every DB in the NFL tackles like that, especially on bigger ball carriers.

Yea I see those tackles just about every game I watch whether NFL or college. Probably has to do with the explosion of the passing game which causes coverage skills to be placed at more of a premium than tackling. 

2 hours ago, Cheech said:

80% ?  No.  

Your memory of Nick Collins injury is ****ty. He had his head up in ideal tackling form and never hit anyone in the knee. His helmet hit just above his facemask on the *** of the Panthers RB. 

Collins played it textbook, he just made contact at a goofy angle because the back jumped. Sometimes **** just goes wrong and there's nothing to blame other than the game of football for being a violent sport.

What he's doing isn't how you teach it, but it's also one of the most effective way for a smaller guy to tackle somebody bigger than him with a head full of steam. A ton of DBs tackle that way.

Archived