Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What he's doing isn't how you teach it, but it's also one of the most effective way for a smaller guy to tackle somebody bigger than him with a head full of steam. A ton of DBs tackle that way.

The NOLA Safety took a swipe at Diggs in last years NFCCG.....and whiffed badly.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No question they ran out of gas late. I was in that bowl baking alive in the sun, I can only imagine playing in it. That was a hell of a conditioning session. We'll be better for it.

Does anyone know if the home team has the option of wearing light or dark jerseys for each game? Seems like Dallas wears whites at home frequently. If the Pack had worn the whites on Sunday, maybe not as hot as in the dark jerseys.

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Your memory of Nick Collins injury is ****ty. He had his head up in ideal tackling form and never hit anyone in the knee. His helmet hit just above his facemask on the *** of the Panthers RB. 

Collins played it textbook, he just made contact at a goofy angle because the back jumped. Sometimes **** just goes wrong and there's nothing to blame other than the game of football for being a violent sport.

What he's doing isn't how you teach it, but it's also one of the most effective way for a smaller guy to tackle somebody bigger than him with a head full of steam. A ton of DBs tackle that way.

So tell me your thoughts on the entire heads up movement.  Because Haha is doing exactly the opposite.

You wanna tell me it's safe?  Effective?  **** that.  

It's lazy.  Which is pretty damn fitting.

Tell me this **** isn't dangerous or stupid.  For a guy playing not to get hurt for his 2nd contract he's not doing a very good job.  If he keeps this up his career won't last long.

This is what it's supposed to look like.  Interestingly enough, the same clip shows Haha dancing in front of a block, which isn't surprising.  

7 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Why are we posting random dudes twitter opinions?
Can I post mine?

Random dudes who happen to be employed to give their opinions on the Packers.  

I'd love, love, love to see more people breaking down their own tape and posting it here.  For now, that's all we've got.

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

Random dudes who happen to be employed to give their opinions on the Packers.  

I'd love, love, love to see more people breaking down their own tape and posting it here.  For now, that's all we've got.

I mean ... Michael Irvin is (was?) paid to give his opinion too. ?

Perhaps not the best defense of Fennell (who I happen to like anyway)

1 hour ago, Tperk said:

Does anyone know if the home team has the option of wearing light or dark jerseys for each game? Seems like Dallas wears whites at home frequently. If the Pack had worn the whites on Sunday, maybe not as hot as in the dark jerseys.

In most instances, the home team has the option, except for the TNF color-rush jerseys which is no longer a rule as of this year.

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

So tell me your thoughts on the entire heads up movement.  Because Haha is doing exactly the opposite.

Tell me this **** isn't dangerous or stupid.  For a guy playing not to get hurt for his 2nd contract he's not doing a very good job.  If he keeps this up his career won't last long.

This is what it's supposed to look like.  Interestingly enough, the same clip shows Haha dancing in front of a block, which isn't surprising.  

You're just showing an agenda at this point. You're clearly picking on a single DB you don't like for a tackle that if you taped every game next weekend youd see dozens upon dozens of DBs will take down TEs and RBs like this. Non-story. 

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You're just showing an agenda at this point. You're clearly picking on a single DB you don't like for a tackle that if you taped every game next weekend youd see dozens upon dozens of DBs will take down TEs and RBs like this. Non-story. 

Kinda sick of people s****** on HaHa myself. LYS TONS of DB's use that technique when taking down a RB. That's why we've had a rash of knee injuries from RB's over the past few years. DJ Swearinger is VERY well known for tackling as such. That said, I'm a HUGE fan of Brice. Dude grabbed my attention when he absolutely man tackled that Atlanta RB at the goalline a couple years ago. It'd be nice if we could copy-n-paste him at a few other positions on the field for that reason alone...

16 hours ago, Cheech said:

Truthfully, I've never really believed that having your head up significantly reduces your risk of cervical compression. I'm not a neurologist or a spinal surgeon but I just don't see how a spine is going to be stronger when it's torqued back rather than in its natural position, in the case of tackling that would mean looking down at the ground. I look at the Nick Collins injury (Which I would encourage you to watch because you've clearly forgotten) and think he'd probably still be playing if he had his head down rather than in the upward position he was in. I haven't seen any research done on this. If someone has, I would be interested to read it. 

The part of proper tackling that I do believe matters significantly is the head's position relative to the ball carrier. Your head needs to be to the side of the man so you're not taking the full force of the man into your spine. Your head needs to be up until you break down so your head is off to the side when you make the tackle. In all these instances, HaHa isn't spearing or anything like that. How are you going to get cervical compression if you're not getting close to having your head pressed in?

Archived