Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Good no call or PI?

I'm fine with that call because I wouldn't want our guys called for something like that. A bit of hand fighting that doesn't impede before the ball arrives is fine by me. Compared to the other 5 calls that ripped our guts out, this was nothing

3 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Happy with:

-How Rodgers played

-How the run game got going

-Game plan/play calling 

-Jaire

-HaHa

-Josh Jackson

-Jimmy Graham coming to life

-JK Scott

Not happy with:

-Brice

-House

-OLB's

-Mo Wilkerson

What exactly about Mo's play bothered you yesterday?  His dropping that almost INT?

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think he said it best. Could possibly be OPI, but to call it right after the missed one on Graham was bush league. 

What bothers me the most about that call is I see much more obvious push-offs from WRs that are not called.   ¬¬

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm fine with that call because I wouldn't want our guys called for something like that. A bit of hand fighting that doesn't impede before the ball arrives is fine by me. Compared to the other 5 calls that ripped our guts out, this was nothing

I disagree.  He pulled him when the ball was in the air preventing him from really making a play on the ball.  I put that one as a bad no call also and another one that cost us the game.  It looks far worse from the other angle.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Clays was probably even less aggressive than this, if that’s possible. Man that is frustrating 

Man, that is terrible.  And that's again TB too!   How frustrating.  Like Reiss said - we want consistency here.  >:(

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Didn't impede?  O.o

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

I know they keep these stats somewhere... but I’d be interested in seeing how many flags Tony’s group avg per game.

At times it felt like they where calling it tight... then all of a sudden it was like let them. Like I can live with the clay call... when you factor in they called it on Kendrick’s. Fair is fair. But the interference calls or lack there of and when they want to call holding.... very uneven.

And can oline guys not take dline guys to the ground anymore? Or is that automatic holding?

Quit equating Kendricks play to Clay's.  Watch them both one right after another.  Kendricks lifts and drives so that his head hits the ground because he was trying to pile drive, he damn near concusses himself.  Clay's hand was on the ground breaking his fall.  Plus, the times the plays were called made them a huge difference.  There is nothing about 'fair is fair'.  Even the NFL defenders on their own network were astounded by the call on Matthews.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Quit equating Kendricks play to Clay's.  Watch them both one right after another.  Kendricks lifts and drives so that his head hits the ground because he was trying to pile drive, he damn near concusses himself.  Clay's hand was on the ground breaking his fall.  Plus, the times the plays were called made them a huge difference.  There is nothing about 'fair is fair'.  Even the NFL defenders on their own network were astounded by the call on Matthews.

This is exactly right.  They aren't equal.  Kendricks left his feet.  Matthews feet never left the ground.  

Already pointed this out about Brice. His read on the Diggs TD was about as terrible as you get. His awareness and play on the ball on the Thielan TD was about as terrible as you get. HaHa's read on the Treadwell TD was also bad, especially when King had outside leverage and was directing him towards the middle of the field only to have HaHa vacate the middle. Both HaHa and especially Brice have marginal instincts, are slow af to react to most passing plays and generally don't read/anticipate very well in the passing game. This could plague us long term this year. 

Archived