? Week 3: Steelers (0-1-1) @ Bucs (2-0)

ravishingone

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's that communication problem they always talk about. It can't be that difficult. Everyone should know their responsibility. If they don't, that's on coaching. It doesn't matter if you're a rookie or a 10 year vet. The coaches need to be able to tell you what to do in every coverage. In our case, there are like three coverages. And they're basic af.

If there's motion and the coverage changes so drastically that guys blow their assignments, that's AGAIN on coaching.

We run three deep a lot. It's simple. Our underneath guys spread out into quarters and drop and drop and drop until there's a completion short. Then they swarm. Or we drop into four deep with three guys playing thirds underneath. They drop and drop and drop until we give up the short pass and swarm to the ball.

That's like 90% of our defense. But it's so complicated that we blow assignments all over the place. And I don't know how.

2+ years of this and he gets a pass.  His defense has never been average by any measure during his tenure sans the 5 game stretch.  If they get shredded by Trubisky over 75 %, Smith has to go.  It still make or break for the regime, right now Mike Smith is wretched.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

2+ years of this and he gets a pass.  His defense has never been average by any measure during his tenure sans the 5 game stretch.  If they get shredded by Trubisky over 75 %, Smith has to go.  It still make or break for the regime, right now Mike Smith is wretched.  

Trubisky is reckless with the ball. He throws passes that look like you tried to throw it while sprinting in Madden, while playing on All Madden. They're really out there sometimes. But we'll give him 20 completions short and between the hashmarks. And it'll look like he had a great game when he goes 25/35.

16 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Justin Evans is improving every game. The rookie CB's just need some confidence. And Grimes just needs some playing time. I think they did a pretty good job tonight actually. The offense giving up the ball 4 times does not help. But the Steelers run game was stuffed all game. Ben made some plays after narrowly escaping. I just don't think they're as bad as the stats suggest. 

I hear your point and am encouraged by the young DBs making plays for sure. Your point frankly is what leads me to thinking Mike Smith is the problem. The talent is there.

I love McCoy and everything, but he needs to get more aggressive. Please do not apologize to the QB for hitting him. And on the last drive, I think if he was more aggressive he would have made the play to sack or help sack Ben. He's always been like this though, it's nothing due to the new QB rules. But I want him to be mean out there. 

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I hear your point and am encouraged by the young DBs making plays for sure. Your point frankly is what leads me to thinking Mike Smith is the problem. The talent is there.

There's not a ton of talent in the secondary. 

22 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I love McCoy and everything, but he needs to get more aggressive. Please do not apologize to the QB for hitting him. And on the last drive, I think if he was more aggressive he would have made the play to sack or help sack Ben. He's always been like this though, it's nothing due to the new QB rules. But I want him to be mean out there. 

I bet he played 90% of the snaps tonight. That's quite a bit for a 300lb man.

He still got pressure on that play. Just couldn't do what a lot of guys have trouble doing; bring Ben down.

first off. Wow MNF in the stands. Great thrill. 

The part that’s disappointing is that there were many yellow towels in the stadium. Since I’ve moved to the Sarasota area there are a Bunch of Pennsylvania and Ohio transplants so I’m not surprised. 

What hurt was three Fitzpatrick INTs early. Noticeable inaccurate throws. And the fumble. I believe that led to 21 points by Pittsburgh. 

That being said Monken needs to tone down the vertical passing strikes early in close ball games. Pittsburgh was ready for it. 

But also it shows down 30-10 in the 3rd this Bucs offense has the arsenal to light up the score board. I thought the punt return call was absolute bogus. 

Our defense played very well. It’s hard to hang them for 21 points off of turnovers. 

58 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Koetter s love of the vet RB whose best attribute is pass protection is very apparent.  Rodgers is a fringe NFL player at this point of his career.  Want to run the ball, maybe a more dynamic RB to tote the rock besides Barber.

Jones looked like garbage though in all phases this TC. Can’t play him over guys who are better 

Archived