? Week 3: Steelers (0-1-1) @ Bucs (2-0)

ravishingone

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Jones looked like garbage though in all phases this TC. Can’t play him over guys who are better 

RoJo got hit at or behind the LOS on almost every carry. I mean it’s time to give him a shot. Baber is ok but we need a legit RB1 who keeps teams honest. Maybe it’s RoJo, maybe it’s not, but it’s time to find out. Do some read option with him, whatever. Just try and get a running game.

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

RoJo got hit at or behind the LOS on almost every carry. I mean it’s time to give him a shot. Baber is ok but we need a legit RB1 who keeps teams honest. Maybe it’s RoJo, maybe it’s not, but it’s time to find out. Do some read option with him, whatever. Just try and get a running game.

Sean Wilson is active.  He at least gives the offense speed.  Koetter has a proven track record of not playing young RBs.  Rodgers is just too slow to the LOS at this point of his career.  Hard to run the ball effectively if the 2nd RB you are playing is too slow.  He loves him some vet RBs.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Sean Wilson is active.  He at least gives the offense speed.  Koetter has a proven track record of not playing young RBs.  Rodgers is just too slow to the LOS at this point of his career.  Hard to run the ball effectively if the 2nd RB you are playing is too slow.  He loves him some vet RBs.

This and his loyalty to Mike Smith are going to hand us a few more losses then we should have this year. Hopefully he wises up quick enough for us to still have a shot at playoffs.

9 hours ago, mld said:

No allen or vea cost us at the end there.  you would like to believe they would have slowed down Conner.

Agreed. Gholston is not a NT and his pass rush skills inside are hit and miss. We coulda used Veta last night.

Overall i’m glad we fought back and almost stole this one despite our miscues.

Winston is a lock to start Sunday.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Wilson has taken like 15-20 snaps on offense so far this year though. And he looked awful returning kicks last night. Too much hesitation.

It's time to see what Rojo has. Let Monken make the decision. If he sparks the running game, pass blocking won't be as important.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wilson has taken like 15-20 snaps on offense so far this year though. And he looked awful returning kicks last night. Too much hesitation.

It's time to see what Rojo has. Let Monken make the decision. If he sparks the running game, pass blocking won't be as important.

That s the issue, Koetter values pass blocking over running ability.  It has been a constant theme in his career.  With his career on the line, we 'll see 8f he changes.  Heck, Rodgers got more snaps in the 2nd half then Barber.  Is Rodgers more dynamic of a runner on the dump off pass then Barber?

18 minutes ago, indifference said:

Fitz took a beating last night. He played decent but Winston plays better against the blitz. 

Fits had almost a perfect passer rating vs the blitz before tonight.

I think the only way Jameis is a lock to start is if Fitz's knee is an issue.

This team needs to dump Jason Licht. I don't know what other people's thoughts of him are but his draft record looks like crap. Passing on Dalvin Cook last year and passing on a secondary difference maker in Derwin James this year. Trading up for a kicker. That is not looking good for him. 

Just now, Jimmy Austin said:

This team needs to dump Jason Licht. I don't know what other people's thoughts of him are but he is draft record looks like crap. Passing on Dalvin Cook last year and passing on a secondary difference maker in Derwin James this year. Trading up for a kicker. That is not looking good for him. 

Justin Evans looks pretty good. And we don't know how Vea will play. It's tough to knock either pick yet.

Trading up for a kicker in the second was a disaster. We used resources obtained from trading back earlier in that draft, so we didn't lose anything. But it's still a tough pill to swallow.

Licht built the team that's currently 2-1 with the best offense in the league. He doesn't coach.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

This team needs to dump Jason Licht. I don't know what other people's thoughts of him are but his draft record looks like crap. Passing on Dalvin Cook last year and passing on a secondary difference maker in Derwin James this year. Trading up for a kicker. That is not looking good for him. 

I am happy with the job Licht is doing. Can't wait to see what Vea is going to add to the def but imagine if we had a legit NFL S playing with Evan's. I wonder if Derwin James would have let another man slap his face into the ground.

Archived