MNF: Seahawks @ Bears

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Bears
    • Seahawks

Just now, Mossburg said:

Soooo....he is a QB that showed flashes in his first 2 years and turned out to be at least a reliable starter so he does not apply in this case?

Turns out I can't read hipster speak anymore.

I thought "teh secksy" = "sucks" not "sexy".

I'm 26 and I feel like I'm already 65. This is not a good sign.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Turns out I can't read hipster speak anymore.

I thought "teh secksy" = "sucks" not "sexy".

I'm 26 and I feel like I'm already 65. This is not a good sign.

I thought about using an X instead of the S, would that have helped?

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I definitely understand and agree with a lot of the criticism that Trubisky is getting.  But its certainly too early in his career to have any sort of real indication of whether he'll be successful or not in the nfl.

Of course nothing is set in stone, but how often do we see a QB look that panicked, lost and inaccurate and come back as a success story? Not that often. Goff is the only one in recent memory. I'm playing the odds here saying there's a better chance he becomes the next Jake Locker.

The Seahawks are just bad all-around.  The defense is not good at any level.  No consistent pass rush, secondary is not that good.  Offensive line is still dreadful, which plays a part in the team not being able to run the ball effectively and not giving Wilson enough time to throw and routes to develop.  Add in Doug Baldwin being out for who knows how long and this is going to be a very very long season.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Seahawks are just bad all-around.  The defense is not good at any level.  No consistent pass rush, secondary is not that good.  Offensive line is still dreadful, which plays a part in the team not being able to run the ball effectively and not giving Wilson enough time to throw and routes to develop.  Add in Doug Baldwin being out for who knows how long and this is going to be a very very long season.

If they lose the home opener to Dallas, it's possible they're picking top 5 cuz I have a feeling Carroll will mail it in down the stretch and start getting his retirement speech ready.

The only thing about Seattle is at least they won a Super Bowl in their hay day.  All teams go through ups and downs at some point in their franchises history, but when you're up you have to win.  Most teams don't win when they're at their best.  Seattle put everything into the past five or so years and it was a hell of a run.  Unfortunately a lot of talent had to be let go over time and now it's time to rebuild.  Hate to say things like that with a QB like Russell Wilson, but it has to be said.

Seahawk fan chiming in...

Awful game all around.

Russell does not look like a top 5 QB thus far. Not even a top 10 maybe. The entire success of this year is directly on him. Really needs to earn that 33million/year.

The offensive line was not good, but was not terrible either. Most if not all of those sacks were on RW. He held onto the ball too long, gave up on pockets too quickly, or was unable to slide around the pocket. The space was there, and he was not under that much pressure [in comparison to other games]. Think about it, Seattle left Ifedi 1v1 with Mack alot, and Mack only had one sack [which was mostly Russells fault] This is all scheme related. Shotty and RW need to figure things out before next week.

Defense [considering they were missing three starters] played decently with no help from the offense. Couple of things concern me. Im not a huge fan on the enormous cushions the DB's gave the WR. Better Qbs will exploit that all day. The pass rush was once again non-existent. The the interior D-line got mauled, no push. Defense should play alot better once they get KJ and Bobby back.

Overall, Im not ready to hit the panic button yet Seattle got the 'icked on scheduling, doing back to back home openers on the road, and lost those games by a total of 10 points. Plus the NFC seems like it will just beat themselves up. There are only 2 teams with 2 wins thus far. Seattle can play better. All comes down to the Russell being better.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

The only thing about Seattle is at least they won a Super Bowl in their hay day.  All teams go through ups and downs at some point in their franchises history, but when you're up you have to win.  Most teams don't win when they're at their best.  Seattle put everything into the past five or so years and it was a hell of a run.  Unfortunately a lot of talent had to be let go over time and now it's time to rebuild.  Hate to say things like that with a QB like Russell Wilson, but it has to be said.

You're right on some teams peaking and not getting championships, look at the Rivers/LdT years in San Diego, or some of the Romo years around the same time. If you don't get it when you're hot, it can be a long time before you get back to that point. 

Even the Pats suffered a big dry spell during Brady's time. Once the dynasty was over it took a while to rebuild the team to championship level. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

This is how Nagy designed the offense - as a crutch for young Mitch. Its not the first time this has happened in the NFL and Nagy gets credit for understanding the limitations and trying to work around them
Nagy cuts the defense in half so Mitch only has to read one side of the field and he scripts the play so Mitch knows exactly where to go with the ball. On-script Mitch is fine, but eventually the script runs out. See Packers game, 2nd half. As the season progresses, the DCs will adjust. Will Trubisky be able to respond ? We shall see. NFL cat & mouse is relentless and brutal.

In the article I read - they noted this is why Nagy didn't play his young QB in the preseason; because he didn't want other teams to see how far Trubisky has to go.
That offers us a peek under the bears tent...

That article was written by Michael Lombardi and was one of the most idiotic things written week 1.

Archived