2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I think I've got the TDN mock draft thing figured out :)

12 Brian Burns, EDGE
30 Noah Fant, TE
44 Nasir Adderley, S
75 Riley Ridley, WR

Notes:

Skill / Premium positions IMO.
I'm drafting Brian Burns damnit! He WILL be a Packer.
Fant and Adderley - just what the positions call for.
Ridley? He looked good in the few games I saw :)

Ridley:

One of the more polarizing prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft, but oddly enough, not based off what you see on tape. It's easy to see Ridley is talented and pro-ready in many ways, from his decisive routes to his outstanding ball skills and contested catch ability. So why didn't Georgia use him more in their offense?

That question can be asked of a lot of Georgia's talented receivers, but Ridley has a ceiling that is unmatched by the rest of his teammates. His size, athleticism and attention to detail suggest a starting NFL wide receiver who can match up against physical cornerbacks in man or find space against zone defenses with equal propensity. It's hard for me to envision Ridley's most productive football not being ahead of him, the only question is if his ceiling is that of a Round 1 talent or more of a high-end no. 2 pass catcher in an NFL offense. If he tests well, I'm taking the risk earlier than most.

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

you forgot Chris Johnson, North Alabama.

I kept it to those 10... because I'm fairly confident those 10 will be drafted, and I can't say that about Johnson. 

I like Rob Rolle from Villanova as well, but again, I'm not sure he will get drafted in this class. 

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Allison was going over 1000 if healthy, come on that's not at all a stretch to make. 

That's far from a lock. 

Everyone knows you're the resident Allison fanatic, so I'm not going to delve deep here, but I'll just say I HOPE we don't need him to be anything close to a 1000 yard WR this season--because that'll mean both the offense and our 2nd year WRs have improved. 

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

That's far from a lock. 

Everyone knows you're the resident Allison fanatic, so I'm not going to delve deep here, but I'll just say I HOPE we don't need him to be anything close to a 1000 yard WR this season--because that'll mean both the offense and our 2nd year WRs have improved. 

Not even one of my top 10 current fave Packers. Personally just think the hate because he's not fast is downright laughable. In the age of analytics we can't call a good football player good because he isn't a workout warrior.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not even one of my top 10 current fave Packers. Personally just think the hate because he's not fast is downright laughable. In the age of analytics we can't call a good football player good because he isn't a workout warrior.

I distinctly recall you made a comment about attending TC last year and you thought that current Allison was better than Dez Bryant at any point in the previous 3-5 years of his career, (I don't remember the exact year amount, but the comment was absolutely insane, and I couldn't possibly forget the content, only the specific amount of years). I remember this because others (not me) were clamoring to sign Dez, and you made a point, which was followed by a counterpoint, which you then followed up with THAT statement. 

I don't dislike Allison, but he IS what he IS. 

IF MVS and St. Brown (or even Moore) take spots #2 and #3 heading into the 2019 season that means your offense just got better and more dynamic. 

Allison's early 2018 numbers weren't exactly sustainable. His longest reception of the season came on a complete communication breakdown by the Redskins defense, and subtracting that by itself would throw him off pace for 1000 yards. 

Also, I was AT the Week 1 Game and he was downright awful outside of that one reception against Fuller that probably should've been called back for OPI. 

Clicking into the tweet will bring you into contact with Pettines name. David Long should definitely be in the mix at 44. Top 5 corner in the draft, haven't seen much about him round these parts. 

Alex Barnes is my candidate for best value pick. KState did him zero favors. 

On 12/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, Packerraymond said:

There's a reason we've never signed or traded for a WR when Aaron has been here. Let them go through the growing with and trust process when they're young and cheap, and pay them when they produce at peak.

I honestly believe if you gave AJ Green and Allison identical numbers of snaps next year with Rodgers as the QB, the production would be similar, if not favoring GMo.

There's also this comment. 

You're definitely not too high on Allison. 

42 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I distinctly recall you made a comment about attending TC last year and you thought that current Allison was better than Dez Bryant at any point in the previous 3-5 years of his career, (I don't remember the exact year amount, but the comment was absolutely insane, and I couldn't possibly forget the content, only the specific amount of years). I remember this because others (not me) were clamoring to sign Dez, and you made a point, which was followed by a counterpoint, which you then followed up with THAT statement. 

I don't dislike Allison, but he IS what he IS. 

IF MVS and St. Brown (or even Moore) take spots #2 and #3 heading into the 2019 season that means your offense just got better and more dynamic. 

Allison's early 2018 numbers weren't exactly sustainable. His longest reception of the season came on a complete communication breakdown by the Redskins defense, and subtracting that by itself would throw him off pace for 1000 yards. 

Also, I was AT the Week 1 Game and he was downright awful outside of that one reception against Fuller that probably should've been called back for OPI. 

Nope, simply said Allison last year was going to put up a better year than Dez and there was no need to sign him. Was definitely right about that. Haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Nope, simply said Allison last year was going to put up a better year than Dez and there was no need to sign him. Was definitely right about that. Haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

If I actually cared enough to look for it, I'm sure I could find it. 

I don't care. The AJ Green comment speaks for itself. 

10 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

If I actually cared enough to look for it, I'm sure I could find it. 

I don't care. The AJ Green comment speaks for itself. 

Believe that one even more after the article that came out and what Rodgers requests out of his WRs. Your mistake is you focus on it like it's a GMo versus AJ Green debate which is pretty ridiculous. I simply said GMo, current year, would outproduce Green year 1 with Aaron. It's pretty clearly a Rodgers thing. He demands perfection from his WRs, he wants them to think the same way he does and until that occurs he doesn't target you routinely. Would take any vet WR out there at least a full season if not more to get to the level Adams and GMo are on with him. I'm glad the rookies last year got some burn with him for that reason too. 

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Believe that one even more after the article that came out and what Rodgers requests out of his WRs. Your mistake is you focus on it like it's a GMo versus AJ Green debate which is pretty ridiculous. I simply said GMo, current year, would outproduce Green year 1 with Aaron. It's pretty clearly a Rodgers thing. He demands perfection from his WRs, he wants them to think the same way he does and until that occurs he doesn't target you routinely. Would take any vet WR out there at least a full season if not more to get to the level Adams and GMo are on with him. I'm glad the rookies last year got some burn with him for that reason too. 

Doubling down won't suddenly make it a good take. 

I'm fully aware of your fundamental argument, but that doesn't make it a reasonable interpretation of reality. 

AJ Green would outproduce Geronimo by a mile with Rodgers.

Both of them are in a new offense, and one of them is 7x Pro Bowler and at Top 8 WR in the NFL (Hint: It's not Geronimo). You're going to pick the former UDFA with less than 800 yards in his NFL career. Geronimo probably won't be the #2 WR in this offense, and he might not even be the #3 WR by the end of TC--yet he would outproduce Green if given the same amount of snaps? It's the definition of an indefensible position. 

2 hours ago, Cadmus said:

How was he awful in that game? He caught a few first downs before that, which was a lot more than others could say until his TD changed the momentum.

i don’t have slow motion with different angles but the real time video of that TD catch sure looks like he’s trying to clear Fullers hands rather than a push off.

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How was he awful in that game? He caught a few first downs before that, which was a lot more than others could say until his TD changed the momentum.

i don’t have slow motion with different angles but the real time video of that TD catch sure looks like he’s trying to clear Fullers hands rather than a push off.

He pushed Fuller in the chest between the numbers, and it's the only reason he gained enough separation to make the catch. 

He had a really poor game especially the 1st half. He struggled to get open and while he wasn't sole reason the Packers offense struggled, he definitely didn't help.

I've seen him play better since then, but it just wasn't a good game for Allison. 

Archived