Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Rumor at owners meeting is no one wants to pay the 2 1sts price, and if he signs the tender they could negotiate a price that’s a little easier to take.

Exactly.  sign the tender and he can start getting somewhere

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Exactly.  sign the tender and he can start getting somewhere

Especially since you can still negotiate.  I think this doesn’t show collusion or anything there; I think it shows no one is willing to pay $150+mil GTD and 2 1sts at the same time.  If you had Lamar for 2 years before needing to pay him? Maybe.  Now, especially that many offenses would need to completely retool? No way.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Rumor at owners meeting is no one wants to pay the 2 1sts price, and if he signs the tender they could negotiate a price that’s a little easier to take.

If I’m the Colts I trade #4 for him straight up. Better than Richardson or Levis. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Atl should be all over Lamar. 

I just had this thought:

SF should give up Trey Lance, their 2023 remaining picks, and 2024 2nd for Lamar.

Lamar, Kittle, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk all on the same offense with that OL would be like cheating.

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I do not think Lamarr has the accuracy to run the 49'er offense.

Agreed, I think it’s pretty obvious the type of QBs Kyle Shanahan prefers. He probably still regrets getting talked into taking Trey Lance over Mac Jones. He wants a boring QB who is accurate and smart enough to run the offenses and let your RBs do the work in the run game and receivers with YAC ability. Tom Brady would have been perfect is Kyle’s offense.

Quick decision making matters most in Shanahan’s offense.  Say what you will about Lamar, but he does make good quick decision with the ball.  On top of that, it’s a run based offense that the pass is built off of.  Being able to build run plays with CMC, Deebo, and Lamar that turn into passes would make his offense very lethal at all levels.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Quick decision making matters most in Shanahan’s offense.  Say what you will about Lamar, but he does make good quick decision with the ball.  On top of that, it’s a run based offense that the pass is built off of.  Being able to build run plays with CMC, Deebo, and Lamar that turn into passes would make his offense very lethal at all levels.

Biggest issue is 9ers are not paying him the contract he wants. That is the reason he won't be there, otherwise yes a scary offense 

I think it would be worth for the niners. deal with the bad cap down the road if getting lamar makes you the favs to win it all now. I know shanahan and the niners have to be tired of "Almost" winning it since 2010. 2-4 conf record and 0-2 in the SB in that span for the niners and Kyle has that "28-3" on his resume.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

What are things I’m not afraid of happening, Alex? 

Just find it funny they wait until they are on the verge of losing Lamar to invest money into a WR, even if it a fairly washed up one.