Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

But the team that trades for him has the option to pick it up if they want to, is that how it works?

I am not sure but the option has a time limit but it is after the draft so it can wait.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I am not sure but the option has a time limit but it is after the draft so it can wait.

You said in another post that if Fields is traded it will be on draft day, is that just a hunch or is there a concrete reason behind that? Why not sooner?

The bears should not be letting the other teams know what they want to do.  If a teams thinks the Bears are keeping Fields they may offer a lot for #1.  If they know the Bears are taking a QB at #1 there is less options on trading up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The bears should not be letting the other teams know what they want to do.  If a teams thinks the Bears are keeping Fields they may offer a lot for #1.  If they know the Bears are taking a QB at #1 there is less options on trading up.

No one would buy that bluff.  They really shouldn’t overthink it.  Because as soon as you pick Williams or Daniels (big board alert) Fields value plummets. 

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You are talking about the franchise and GM who traded a 2nd round pick for Chase Claypool.

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No one would buy that bluff.  They really shouldn’t overthink it.  Because as soon as you pick Williams or Daniels (big board alert) Fields value plummets. 

I don’t think it’s as high as I initially thought it would be in the first place.

Who is in the running? Steelers, Falcons, and Raiders? Maybe New England? You have to think JJ McCarthy could easily end up on either one of Atlanta or Vegas.

15 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t think it’s as high as I initially thought it would be in the first place.

Who is in the running? Steelers, Falcons, and Raiders? Maybe New England? You have to think JJ McCarthy could easily end up on either one of Atlanta or Vegas.

Yup. Maybe Seattle. Maybe the Giants. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Yup. Maybe Seattle. Maybe the Giants. 

Didn’t Seattle just guarantee Geno Smith’s contract? I think they are sticking with him. I’d much rather have Geno. 

Are the Giants going to pay both Jones and Fields? Is Fields even much of an upgrade over Jones?

idk I don’t see either of those 2

24 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Didn’t Seattle just guarantee Geno Smith’s contract? I think they are sticking with him. I’d much rather have Geno. 

Are the Giants going to pay both Jones and Fields? Is Fields even much of an upgrade over Jones?

idk I don’t see either of those 2

In both cases both teams can easily be out of the contract at the end of 2024, so to let them battle it out then let Fields take over in 2025. 

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

In both cases both teams can easily be out of the contract at the end of 2024, so to let them battle it out then let Fields take over in 2025. 

I like my scenario where the Bears unnecessarily give away all their leverage and realize we are the only team in the running for Fields and we get him for a 4th and a late round pick swap better 😎

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I like my scenario where the Bears unnecessarily give away all their leverage and realize we are the only team in the running for Fields and we get him for a 4th and a late round pick swap better 😎

Lol. I don’t think those teams would give up anything big because of the cap of the other guys, more they don’t have a future at the position and the guy they have is overpaid-mid. 

Peter King is retiring. I know there’s some good and bad about that. He was a fantastic story teller but in the Information Age he was a relic fast. On top of that he was quite open about not voting Steelers for awards because “the Steelers have too many HOF players”.