Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

They lose the 5th year option, though. 

Eh. I think we tend to overrate it as people outside. Notice more deals for good players are done after year 3 anyways. The 5th year is just turning into a salary benchmark for those guys. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

It’s good value. Vikings clearly going for a QB. 

Good value for the Vikings, sure.

Pretty awful value for Houston.   The value in general should always lean in favor of the team trading out of the first round, unless maybe its only a few picks.

The Texans got a mid 2nd this year, essentially a low 2nd next year (will very likely be higher, but you dont assume value) and a mid day 3 pick.

I think thats pretty bad value, and the Texans were just overzealous in adding some draft capital.

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

I don’t see it at all for the Texans….the Vikings I understand.

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Pretty awful value for Houston.   The value in general should always lean in favor of the team trading out of the first round, unless maybe its only a few picks.

The Texans got a mid 2nd this year, essentially a low 2nd next year (will very likely be higher, but you dont assume value) and a mid day 3 pick.

I think thats pretty bad value, and the Texans were just overzealous in adding some draft capital.

Pick 23 is worth 760 points. 

Pick 42 is 480 points. Even if you value the 2025 one round later that’s 240 points. Really go half a round down and it’s 330. Add in the late pick at about 15 points and they gave up 825 points. So in reality Vikings over paid. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Pick 23 is worth 760 points. 

Pick 42 is 480 points. Even if you value the 2025 one round later that’s 240 points. Really go half a round down and it’s 330. Add in the late pick at about 15 points and they gave up 825 points. So in reality Vikings over paid. 

I don’t see the point in it…the Texans are on the rise, signed some good veterans and Stroud is on a rookie deal in a down division….you would think they want their 1st rounder.

You would think that be something you do on draft night if you were to do it to boot…

To each their own I guess.

Just now, AFF said:

I don’t see the point in it…the Texans are on the rise, signed some good veterans and Stroud is on a rookie deal in a down division….you would think they want their 1st rounder.

You would think that be something you do on draft night if you were to do it to boot…

Matt Miller made a good point though. The WR and OT run is going to push a lot of good players they need down the board. Their needs are IDL, IOL, DB which will all be available in RD 2. So to have flexibility in a future draft or even to move around more in this one is worth it. 

1 hour ago, AFF said:

In this draft, it is deep enough to want multiple 2nds.  Other than the 5th year option, the talent level at 23 and 45 will be about the same.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 43M said:

Vikings will be starting either Sam Darnold or a rookie QB I think Houston believes that 2025 2nd will be pretty high.

• Like 1