Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

So, spent a couple days in PA last weekend, as a first time, for me, and wow—very impressed with Pittsburgh!  What a beautiful city!  Driving is a nightmare, for first timers, but that’s ok…

One of the coolest things we did was go on the Duquesne incline, on our way to dinner at the Monterey Bay Fish Grotto—Amazing food and view, as the restaurant sits another, what, 5? 6? Stories above the already towering Mount Washington?  I had no idea about Mt. Washington!  What a picturesque view!

We also went to the Heinz Museum—you really need a couple of days to see it all, unfortunately, but what a cool museum!

When we continued our trip, we took a drive down the Laurel Highlands Scenic Byway—Gorgeous!!  I can just imagine in the next month or two, when autumn hits…but anyway, we didn’t stop at Falling water, but we did stop at Ohiopyle Falls—totally worth seeing, so anyone in the area, who has yet to take this little drive in SW PA, I highly recommend it!!

Anyway, an amazing trip, all the way around—those who live in Pittsburgh, consider yourselves lucky, from a guy who lives in completely flat, and uninspiring Indianapolis, haha!!  Just wanted to share how our two day start to our vacation went, in PA.  Truly a gem of the US, IMO, and I've seen a lot of the US, from a lot of California coast line, from San Diego to Monterey, to Miami, to DC, to Pensacola, San Angelo, TX, to Scottsdale AZ, and Flagstaff, AZ, Carson City/Reno, NV, and I could go on and on...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

So, spent a couple days in PA last weekend, as a first time, for me, and wow—very impressed with Pittsburgh!  What a beautiful city!  Driving is a nightmare, for first timers, but that’s ok…

One of the coolest things we did was go on the Duquesne incline, on our way to dinner at the Monterey Bay Fish Grotto—Amazing food and view, as the restaurant sits another, what, 5? 6? Stories above the already towering Mount Washington?  I had no idea about Mt. Washington!  What a picturesque view!

We also went to the Heinz Museum—you really need a couple of days to see it all, unfortunately, but what a cool museum!

When we continued our trip, we took a drive down the Laurel Highlands Scenic Byway—Gorgeous!!  I can just imagine in the next month or two, when autumn hits…but anyway, we didn’t stop at Falling water, but we did stop at Ohiopyle Falls—totally worth seeing, so anyone in the area, who has yet to take this little drive in SW PA, I highly recommend it!!

Anyway, an amazing trip, all the way around—those who live in Pittsburgh, consider yourselves lucky, from a guy who lives in completely flat, and uninspiring Indianapolis, haha!!  Just wanted to share how our two day start to our vacation went, in PA.  Truly a gem of the US, IMO, and I've seen a lot of the US, from a lot of California coast line, from San Diego to Monterey, to Miami, to DC, to Pensacola, San Angelo, TX, to Scottsdale AZ, and Flagstaff, AZ, Carson City/Reno, NV, and I could go on and on...

As someone who used to commute through the Liberty Tubes daily. I always appreciated the view of the city as you come out of the tunnels. It's particularly striking at night.

• Like 1