Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

Bryce Young gets benched?  I would have waited at least one more week.  

These first round QBs are sure hit or miss.  Heck, even these #1 overall QBs are hit or miss.

Edited by DR43

Really random, but the Bears would likely be looking for an OL soon. I saw a story that a reason why the OL is partially bad and issue is that Nate Davis ('prized' pickup) has been basically not wanting to practice. The other part is Tevin Jenkins has been struggling at OG with his length getting "in his way". One guy there even floated calling the Steelers for James Daniels the second Isaac Semualu is healthy.

26 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Really random, but the Bears would likely be looking for an OL soon. I saw a story that a reason why the OL is partially bad and issue is that Nate Davis ('prized' pickup) has been basically not wanting to practice. The other part is Tevin Jenkins has been struggling at OG with his length getting "in his way". One guy there even floated calling the Steelers for James Daniels the second Isaac Semualu is healthy.

I don't see the Steelers letting him go before the end of the year. With the young guys and with Broderick struggling, the Steelers are looking at stability. May have been a reomte shot if Herbig was healthy. New OC, replacement LG, new RT, and a struggling OT. I think that they try to let this unit gell. 

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I don't see the Steelers letting him go before the end of the year. With the young guys and with Broderick struggling, the Steelers are looking at stability. May have been a reomte shot if Herbig was healthy. New OC, replacement LG, new RT, and a struggling OT. I think that they try to let this unit gell. 

Broderick Jones is likely your 2025 starting LT at this point, I say cringing, but there better be competition. They won’t be willing to pay Moore to keep him, I wouldn’t give him more than 5 mill per. Daniels will also leave for more money, so Jones and McCormick are your likely replacements, with the need to draft interior and tackle depth remaining. This after they need to figure out DL, QB and WR upgrade options. At least safety looks much better right now and going forward. So does LB. 

On 9/5/2024 at 1:48 PM, bigben07MVP said:

The Browns could unravel and win 7 or less games this year. I think Watson’s shoulder is a legit issue and even if he doesn’t miss games they could be forced to turn to Jameis Winston. To be honest, I would take our QB situation over theirs right now.

They are heading into the season with a banged up O-Line and no Nick Chubb as well. Jerry Jeudy while a flashy route runner has never been a reliable or consistent WR. Reminds me of a poor man’s Diontae Johnson.

We will see, I could be coming off as just a huge hater, and their defense/Stefanki should keep them in a lot of games, but I see them finishing last in the AFCN. Remember, Pittsburgh has never finished last in the division. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Falcons go on to beat Philly (who beat the Saints this week) and take the Chiefs down to the wire. Broncos go on to dominate the Bucs (who beat the Lions the week prior). Those first 2 wins aren’t looking so weak anymore. 

I take the beginning of the season with a grain of salt. Let's see what the landscape looks like after about 6 weeks. That's when there's enough tape for people to start figuring things out. Nice to start 3-0, though. I definitely wasn't expecting that. I thought we had a good shot at ATL and Den, but I was mighty worried about the Bolts. We need to keep stacking wins now so we have a buffer when things get dicey later. I'm also hoping not to see Trap Game Tomlin ™️ come out to play next week. 

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I take the beginning of the season with a grain of salt. Let's see what the landscape looks like after about 6 weeks. That's when there's enough tape for people to start figuring things out. Nice to start 3-0, though. I definitely wasn't expecting that. I thought we had a good shot at ATL and Den, but I was mighty worried about the Bolts. We need to keep stacking wins now so we have a buffer when things get dicey later. I'm also hoping not to see Trap Game Tomlin ™️ come out to play next week. 

No doubt, still very early in the season just adding some context. Colts certainly do feel like it could be one of those trap games. But there defense has been pretty horrific and they will be without Buckner again. O-Line should have their way with them, especially if Seumalo is back.