2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

I trade back and take him right ahead of the Patriots at pick #30. The Packers have an extra 1st round pick and are a team under a lot of pressure to turn things around. They have a GOAT level quarterback and the window is closing thus acquiring more immediate impact talent seems like a smart play.

I can see a scenario where we swap our 1st/3rd/3rd round comp for their 1st/2nd.

Then I take those picks and turn it into Jefferey Simmons and JJ Arcega Whiteside. Use that Flacco 4th on the best OL left in the draft, preferably a top notch center.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Use that Flacco 4th on the best OL left in the draft, preferably a top notch center.

does not necessarily comply with 4th round does it.

some day you have to invest big (high) to get some top notch talent on the OLine, cannot always rely on luck scouting expertise to develop lower round talent.

I'd still want best OC/OG available.

Then we have two 3 round picks (most likely) and two 4 round picks, one 5 round pick and two 6 round picks.

We have 8 picks in total and we can bring in UDFA's. I don't think we need 8 new draft picks along with a new UDFA class to compete with the current roster I view as quite strong already.

We could easily stack some of those picks to get a 2 to get a Simmons if he slides.

Wide receiver, pass catching running back we can add in the middle rounds as well as an edge rusher.

Every dline would be competing against 5 established starters and a promising talent. Get a dline pass rusher would be nice, but not much of a need

9 hours ago, berlin calling said:

does not necessarily comply with 4th round does it.

some day you have to invest big (high) to get some top notch talent on the OLine, cannot always rely on luck scouting expertise to develop lower round talent.

Top 10 centers have been found later. Given our draft strengths, I’m more comfortable with continuing to throw darts at centers until one sticks in a big way vs applying that same strategy to DL and WR.

If we had more draft capital (or could acquire more) I would love to draft a center in the 2nd/3rd round with someone like Garrett Bradbury. In the 4th round I would still love to target Sam Mustipher. I like what he brings to the table and would feel very confident in a draft scenario that brings a top 5 DI, a top 15-20 (IMO) WR talent, and a top 75 OL talent all within the first three picks. Especially considering our draft capital. As it stands I haven’t seen a center prospect that I consider a top 20 caliber talent in this class. Anything else would be simply selecting off need, which I’m not a fan of doing. Especially considering none of our needs are “glaring” needs that we can’t choose to ignore.

It’s an annual tradition for each member of the Ravens’ personnel department to tab one draft prospect with a red star heading into selection weekend. A red star is given to a player who exemplifies the personality traits Baltimore is looking for when they draft – toughness, leadership, competitiveness, high character and intelligence. Raven greats to earn red stars in the past have included running back Ray Rice and tackle/guard Marshal Yanda.

.....................................................Our Scouts,

tumblr_owxibaxPx21rqe0rbo2_540.gif

On 2/15/2019 at 9:40 PM, DreamKid said:

It’s an annual tradition for each member of the Ravens’ personnel department to tab one draft prospect with a red star heading into selection weekend. A red star is given to a player who exemplifies the personality traits Baltimore is looking for when they draft – toughness, leadership, competitiveness, high character and intelligence. Raven greats to earn red stars in the past have included running back Ray Rice and tackle/guard Marshal Yanda.

.....................................................Our Scouts,

tumblr_owxibaxPx21rqe0rbo2_540.gif

Ray Rice-esque 

Archived