2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

WR usage rates.  The Ravens aren't looking to add a slot player. 

D2N2ay2UcAAp9-1.jpg:large

That looks like a Reception Perception chart.  IIRC he has found a negative correlation between a WR lining up in the same position in college and NFL success, but I don't remember how strong that correlation was or how he came to it.  If it is true though, its not good for Metcalf, Harmon and Ridley as prospects

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That looks like a Reception Perception chart.  IIRC he has found a negative correlation between a WR lining up in the same position in college and NFL success, but I don't remember how strong that correlation was or how he came to it.  If it is true though, its not good for Metcalf, Harmon and Ridley as prospects

I'm not familiar with that. Interesting. 

43 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Just a little opinion here. 

I think Metcalf is out of our range now. I'm completely on the K'neal Harris train. If he's there when we pick, I'd run that card up real quick. Let him grow with Lamar. Big bodied receiver who can fight for the ball. 

The guy has lousy separation on most of his routes, the same bad drops as the other receivers and doesn't really offer that much of an upside. I am somewhat surprised he is ranked that high.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

The guy has lousy separation on most of his routes, the same bad drops as the other receivers and doesn't really offer that much of an upside. I am somewhat surprised he is ranked that high.

I think you're flat out wrong here, or just reading too much into it. Guys from college get molded and polished in the NFL. The guy has tremendous upside. 

15 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm not familiar with that. Interesting. 

This is from 2017

Of that list only 2 or 3 of them have been successful NFL receivers, and none of the ones from this list that were drafted in the 1st round have been

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Of that list only 2 or 3 of them have been successful NFL receivers, and none of the ones from this list that were drafted in the 1st round have been

It looks like another good tool to use when opening up the hood on WR prospects. Obviously people will point out that planting a good WR on one side of the field isn't going to to make them a worse player, or necessarily damn their prospects as a pro. What the information does highlight though. Is an already steep learning/adjustment curve, possibly being a degree steeper for those with a less versatile deployment background. 

Developing receivers is already an extremely volatile process. So anything that could make the task more arduous/difficult must be accounted for.

Good to see the guys I'm the most comfortable with check another box. Isabella, Hall, Butler, JJAWS etc. Ridley though is continuing down the ol' polarizing path. Which is a little unsettling, as I think he's inching closer and closer to being a likely 3rd Round pick for us. 

Archived