2nd Best Cornerback in the League?

mdonnelly21

89 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd best Cornerback in the league?

• A.J Bouye
    • Desmond Trufant
    • Casey Hayward Jr
    • Xavier Rhodes
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Richard Sherman
    • Darius Slay Jr
    • Jimmy Smith
    • Aquib Talib
    • Chris Harris Jr
    • Marshon Lattimore
    • Marcus Peters
    • Other

12 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

oh

HappygoluckyBoldHornshark.webp

I can’t view whatever you posted but shadowing a WR1 like Adams all game and holding him out of the end zone and under 100 yards is considered a win imo. 

I was at the game and I’m sure you watched it. Besides the crossing route for like 25/30 yards, Adams was a non factor. 

48 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I can’t view whatever you posted but shadowing a WR1 like Adams all game and holding him out of the end zone and under 100 yards is considered a win imo. 

I was at the game and I’m sure you watched it. Besides the crossing route for like 25/30 yards, Adams was a non factor. 

So in other words, shut down in your eyes is under 100 yards. I would consider shutting someone down holding them to under 40. Regardless, White got roasted on that crossing route

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

So in other words, shut down in your eyes is under 100 yards. I would consider shutting someone down holding them to under 40. Regardless, White got roasted on that crossing route

Yeah for an elite WR1 like Adams, Hopkins, Julio, etc. especially if they’re shadowing them every single snap. 

Now if it’s 80 yards for average guy then I don’t consider that shutting down. 

He’s shutting down good WRs and containing elite WRs, should’ve rephrased   

If you would’ve told me Adams would go scoreless and have 80 yards, with 30 coming on one play - i would’ve taken that in a second. Congrats he had him on lock the entire day besides one crossing route. 

How is this a discussion?  Patrick Peterson is better than Xavier Rhodes I feel, he is far more explosive as a playmaking talent and is a better run and jump athlete.  Rhodes just plays in a better system with a better defensive coach and better defensive backs all around him.  Still a great player but Peterson to me is better.  Just look at the numbers, Peterson has been doing it longer and at a higher level.  

On 17.10.2018 at 10:33 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Why is Jalen a consensus #1. Don’t thibk he is. For the first time in a while there isn’t a consensus #1. 

Does he have an argument? Sure. But so do a few others.

Jalen Ramsey hasn't even been top 5 this season. Peterson is the best.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:01 PM, Nozizaki said:

Start at 5:05.

That's why.

Front 7 making him look good was his best argument. People seem to forget Ramsey came into a situation where the Jags were just getting hot on defense and the front 7 just came on like a wild fire that year. They have seen major improvement in recent years and Ramsey has benefited from it. I mean the defense struggling these last few games he obviously has struggled too. I'm not saying his success is entirely dependent on it, but that front 7 has caused serious problems for opposing QBs. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Front 7 making him look good was his best argument. People seem to forget Ramsey came into a situation where the Jags were just getting hot on defense and the front 7 just came on like a wild fire that year. They have seen major improvement in recent years and Ramsey has benefited from it. I mean the defense struggling these last few games he obviously has struggled too. I'm not saying his success is entirely dependent on it, but that front 7 has caused serious problems for opposing QBs. 

Lots of the top CBs have good pass rushes, though. 

Sherman had Avril/Bennett. Harris has Von. PP has Chandler Jones. Rhodes has Griffen/Hunter. Lattimore has Jordan. 

Ramsey’s pass rush might be the best of the group, but none of the elite CBs are really suffering IMO.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, Cheesehawk said:

not even sure what your arguing but one play proces jack squat. 

someone had it correct earlier, theres really been no consensus top guy or two this year.

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

not even sure what your arguing but one play proces jack squat. 

someone had it correct earlier, theres really been no consensus top guy or two this year.

I'm arguing that 8 catches for 80 yards is not shutting someone down

29 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I'm arguing that 8 catches for 80 yards is not shutting someone down

Yeah shutdown is an overused term nowadays for corners. Being really, really good doesn’t mean a guy is a shutdown CB, ala Revis 09’.

vs Andre Johnson, 4 catches, 35 yards, 0 TDs.

vs Moss I, 4 catches, 24 yards, one pick.

vs Colston, 2 catches, 33 yards, 0 TDs.

vs Owens I, 3 catches, 13 yards, 0 TDs.

vs Moss II, 5 catches, 34 yards, one TD.

vs Steve Smith, 1 catch, 5 yards, 0 TDs, two picks.

vs Owens II, 3 catches, 31 yards, 0 TDs, one pick.

vs Roddy White, 2 catches, 16 yards, 0 TDs.

vs Reggie Wayne, 3 catches, 33 yards, 0 TDs. 

vs Chad Johnson, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs.

That’s shutdown.

Archived