Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Great news. And I think Harbaugh was first coach I can recall doing this. I don't know why more coaches don't. I think it builds chemistry and I think its less stress and fatigue on the body in general. Whether you're west coast team traveling east or vice versa, If you're in that time zone for consecutive weeks I think it benefits you more to schedule a way to stay in that time zone. Logistics may be a pain but that's what you hire those ppl for.

Yes indeed. Have to find ways to make these brutal road trips more bearable. Youngstown is a long way from Baltimore, but they will be able to rest up and then take the short trip to Nawlins' with little trouble. Such an intense few weeks. Hang onto your hats, all. 

Seattle has three tough games the next three weeks. At Philadelphia, against Minnesota, and at LA Rams. Not as daunting as the 49ers, but hopefully they get cut down to size a little. They're winning so many games close, I'd like to think pendulum swings back the other way for a while.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Great news. And I think Harbaugh was first coach I can recall doing this. I don't know why more coaches don't. I think it builds chemistry and I think its less stress and fatigue on the body in general. Whether you're west coast team traveling east or vice versa, If you're in that time zone for consecutive weeks I think it benefits you more to schedule a way to stay in that time zone. Logistics may be a pain but that's what you hire those ppl for.

It's really a logical thing to do. Other sports don't have issues going on the road for a couple of weeks. I know the rosters are larger and there's more equipment, and the logistic is more complicated, but just hire Amazon or something. They can deliver stuff anywhere the next day, dammit. But seriously, going back home for 4 days then flying back out again is just way more exhausting. These big guys must hate airplane seats.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Seattle has three tough games the next three weeks. At Philadelphia, against Minnesota, and at LA Rams. Not as daunting as the 49ers, but hopefully they get cut down to size a little. They're winning so many games close, I'd like to think pendulum swings back the other way for a while.

Have won what two or three games just off opposing teams missing late game FGs? Crazy amount of luck going their way. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Have won what two or three games just off opposing teams missing late game FGs? Crazy amount of luck going their way. 

Bengals, Rams, and us all missed game winning field goals 

Then the Steelers got screwed by some terrible calls late in the game to hand Seattle a two point win. This was also the week ben tore his UCL 

Tampa should have beaten them too, but forge jinxed them 

24 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Have a ways to go, but it's worth monitoring, for obvious reasons. 

Saints play the falcons on Thursday night next week, meaning they have a few extra days to prep for us. Second time that has happened, first time was against the Rams. 

Not ideal, obviously. Especially because we have a very tough game on the road at Baltimore