Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Heard on the radio today that Staley and AB were teammates at Central Michigan. 

You'll also never guess who else was on that team... JJ Watt! He was a TE before he transferred

That's crazy

I don't think that is right. Staley was drafted in 2007, so his last year in college was 2006. JJ Watt would have been in college from 07-10 since he was drafted in 2011 right? 

Antonio Brown was drafted in 2010, so I guess it was possible that he played with JJ Watt for a year. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Heard on the radio today that Staley and AB were teammates at Central Michigan. 

You'll also never guess who else was on that team... JJ Watt! He was a TE before he transferred

That's crazy

That's amazing random trivia. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think that is right. Staley was drafted in 2007, so his last year in college was 2006. JJ Watt would have been in college from 07-10 since he was drafted in 2011 right? 

Antonio Brown was drafted in 2010, so I guess it was possible that he played with JJ Watt for a year. 

Watt and brown were definitely together. They have stats in 2007. I couldn't find Staley though because he was oline do you may be right about that

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watt and brown were definitely together. They have stats in 2007. I couldn't find Staley though because he was oline do you may be right about that

Just checked:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-staley-2.html

Definitely didn't play with Watt/Brown. But Staley has some stats as he was a TE his freshmen season lol.

Crazy how three players from Central Michigan around the same time ended up being elite players at their positions.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just checked:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-staley-2.html

Definitely didn't play with Watt/Brown. But Staley has some stats as he was a TE his freshmen season lol.

Crazy how three players from Central Michigan around the same time ended up being elite players at their positions.

Don't know if it will happen, but all would have legit Hall of Fame arguments too

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like @J-ALL-DAY is right, Staley was drafted in 2007 and watt was still in HS. 

AB was there in 2006, he redshirted. So they were teammates I think 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love Joe. The fact that he tweets almost never, then just tweets this is hilarious

Brown keeps sending out subliminal messages of wanting to come to SF and then you have the Ninerd players openly recruiting him. Not going to lie, will be a bit disappointed if we don't end up getting him lol. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know if it will happen, but all would have legit Hall of Fame arguments too

Yep, Brown and Watt are locks. Sucks Staley wasn't even an alternate this year for the Pro Bowl as that would have helped his case. He may end up falling a bit short though as hits era will have three sure fire tackles in Thomas/Smith/Peters. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

The minute this all started going down, TO was immediately whom I thought of. Some Steelers fans want high picks, like a swap up to#2, which will never happen. Others are more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised by a 1 in some instances, but reminds me a lot of Owens situation

Precisely why I do not want him. The situation reminds me of TO as well. Do not care for him.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Forge said:

That home team appeal for ET. 

I'm really hoping Dallas is caught up too much in Dak / Lawrence to commit time and energy to getting ET LOL

I'm really hoping Dallas is caught up too much in Dak / ET to commit time and energy to keeping Lawrence.