Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

48 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh boy, dropping Rosen and drafting Kyler Murray?! Yikes. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I don't like either QBs for the NFL. Yes, I a Sooner fan said I didn't think Kyler Murray belongs in the NFL. It's not just his size. I don't think he is prepared at all.

I just wish he was heavier. I Think that's the thing that kills me for him. I don't mind the height - I'd actually tend to like guys who are like 5'10 more so than a guy who is like 6'7". But that weight and how slight the frame is just make me think he's going to get broken in half. 

I don't think that there's anyway the Cards move Rosen - that is just ESPN and Schefty drumming up empty talk for the sake of drumming it up based on a single comment made way back in October by a guy who didn't know he was soon about to have the #1 pick in the draft lol. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just wish he was heavier. I Think that's the thing that kills me for him. I don't mind the height - I'd actually tend to like guys who are like 5'10 more so than a guy who is like 6'7". But that weight and how slight the frame is just make me think he's going to get broken in half. 

I don't think that there's anyway the Cards move Rosen - that is just ESPN and Schefty drumming up empty talk for the sake of drumming it up based on a single comment made way back in October by a guy who didn't know he was soon about to have the #1 pick in the draft lol. 

Yeah. I really loved Bridgewater coming out. I loved his mental processing. I thought the arm strength concerns were a bit overblown because he had made a lot of tight coverage throws and was efficient (I was less right on this front, but it's difficult to know who he baseline was/is due to the injuries at this point). After Bridgewater (and Sam Bradford, who was similiarly slight), I want just a bit more weight on the frame. 

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he only gets traded for a 2nd round pick. 

Does anyone think this trade is reminiscent of the T.O. to Baltimore trade that never was? The deal in place was T.O. to the Ravens for a 2nd round pick. I feel like there are some parallels here with Brown: WR at the top of his game, a manageable contract, and mutual interest in departure. Brown for a second and maybe a late-round pick might be enough.

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Does anyone think this trade is reminiscent of the T.O. to Baltimore trade that never was? The deal in place was T.O. to the Ravens for a 2nd round pick. I feel like there are some parallels here with Brown: WR at the top of his game, a manageable contract, and mutual interest in departure. Brown for a second and maybe a late-round pick might be enough.

The minute this all started going down, TO was immediately whom I thought of. Some Steelers fans want high picks, like a swap up to#2, which will never happen. Others are more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised by a 1 in some instances, but reminds me a lot of Owens situation

18 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I feel the same way, he's still top 5 WR for a few more years. But age, contract, bad attitude is going to devalue him. I also think the Steelers have done a terrible job handling this which is. Ausing his value to drop. They really have done terrible handling there two biggest stars this past year.

Edited by 49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I feel the same way, he's still top 5 WR for a few more years. But age, contract, bad attitude is going to devalue him. I also think the Steelers have done a terrible job handling this which is. Ausing his value to drop. They really have done terrible handling there two biggest stars this past year.

True, his age is a factor in this despite his high-level of play. Anyone thinking Brown will command a 1, plus another high pick or two is not thinking logically. I would offer our 2 this year and 2020 5th for Brown. 

24 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

His contract from 2020 on is far from bad. Really really good contract for a player of his caliber.

Brown still has three or so dominant seasons left in him. Some team like the Seahawks who aren't exactly great at drafting in the 1st round usually have no problem trading one of their picks for a proven player. They can certainly make a run at Brown. The Patriots are another that come to mind and I would absolutely HATE it if that happens. Steelers shouldn't have much problem getting a 1st rounder for him or at the very least a high 2nd plus other picks/players.