Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
58 minutes ago, John232 said:

I also wonder if this is where the 49ers might be able to pull of a pick and player combo. I doubt he goes for anything less than 34, but maybe if we offered up Goodwin and a 3rd, they might bite?

No.

Agreed. I could see a scenario in which Goodwin is part of the deal - he's a solid if unspectacular player on a ridiculously friendly contract, but that's assigning him way too much value. I could see him as a sweetener to get them to accept our offer over comparable offers, but that's about it. 

@John232 has to be a damn savage with his trades on Madden. For the best or arguably the best WR in the game, he actually think a 3rd and Goodwin will be enough LOL....Let me guess, you have flipped Brady or Rodgers for Beathard and a 4th huh? But I get it, good ole dan is unfortunately no longer on this board so you have to take his place with these Madden-esque type of trade proposals :D.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@John232 has to be a damn savage with his trades on Madden. For the best or arguably the best WR in the game, he actually think a 3rd and Goodwin will be enough LOL....Let me guess, you have flipped Brady or Rodgers for Beathard and a 4th huh? But I get it, good ole dan is unfortunately no longer on this board so you have to take his place with these Madden-esque type of trade proposals :D.

I shally have you know I traded Earl Mitchell, Malcmon Smith and Garry Gilliam for the 1st overall pick which I used to pick Bosa. I am a madden god. 

In a dynasty league, i just traded Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Joe Mixon, David Njoku for Nyhiem Hines, Marlon Mack, Carlos Hyde, Alvin Kamara and DeAndre Hopkins. 

Yeah, I think Forge it on the head. Negligible in the grand scheme, but if it's between a 34 and a 1st (maybe like 29-32) I could see Goodwin being a deciding factor. Then again, that fifth year option..oof. 

Edited by John232

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Bengals got to Bengal

This is actually the risky type of move they usually don't make. 

32 minutes ago, John232 said:

I shally have you know I traded Earl Mitchell, Malcmon Smith and Garry Gilliam for the 1st overall pick which I used to pick Bosa. I am a madden god. 

In a dynasty league, i just traded Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Joe Mixon, David Njoku for Nyhiem Hines, Marlon Mack, Carlos Hyde, Alvin Kamara and DeAndre Hopkins. 

Yeah, I think Forge it on the head. Negligible in the grand scheme, but if it's between a 34 and a 1st (maybe like 29-32) I could see Goodwin being a deciding factor. Then again, that fifth year option..oof. 

Go call up Lynch and see if he can swing Smith/Gilliam/Mitchell for Jalen Ramsey. You're on a big roll with your trades right now!!!!

Now that the steelers have talked, they have to trade Brown, they painted themselves into a corner. They haven't exactly increased his trade value. Unless there's a very intense bidding war, he'll get traded for less than his value as a player. His value is even diminished by his reputation, at this point. I don't know if I want him. I could live with his production on the field. But if he brings too much drama, it could turn sour pretty fast.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Now that the steelers have talked, they have to trade Brown, they painted themselves into a corner. They haven't exactly increased his trade value. Unless there's a very intense bidding war, he'll get traded for less than his value as a player. His value is even diminished by his reputation, at this point. I don't know if I want him. I could live with his production on the field. But if he brings too much drama, it could turn sour pretty fast.

This was my thought as well. 

Everyone loves to praise the Steelers because the rooney family has been very steadfast to their approach since the 70s.. but I think the NFL has passed them by. 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

This was my thought as well. 

Everyone loves to praise the Steelers because the rooney family has been very steadfast to their approach since the 70s.. but I think the NFL has passed them by. 

I don't really blame them for their approach. I'm just saying Brown's value hasn't increased. But that's mostly on Brown. He brought down his value by acting like he did. The fact that the Steelers are taking some sort of moral high ground is fine. They are looking to get rid of their locker room cancer (and if we trade for him, let's hope he doesn't become ours). Maximizing his trade value is just not their priority. Either 1) they lie and hide the situation, try to maximize his value, then have to explain to their fans that they traded the best-ish receiver in the league, or 2) they are open about the situation, lower his trade value, and get praised for doing what's best for their team. In this situation, the loss of trade value has value in itself. 

Is it possible he won't be a diva with us? Are his antics a symptom or a cause? He doesn't get along with the coach, doesn't get along with the QB, therefore he reacts like a diva. What if he comes here, gets along with the coaches, gets along with the QB, performs well, and is a happy camper? 10 months ago I was worried about Richard Sherman coming here. I was dead wrong and it didn't take much time for me to love the guy. Maybe I'm worried about his attitude now, me and everyone else, and he'll just blow us away. Our players already seem to like him and want to have him. Kittle and Staley have openly tweeted him sympathetically. Maybe we'll be the environment where he'll thrive once more. 

Maybe, maybe, maybe. Not at all going to worry about it. If we somehow sign AB, hey cool.. hope it goes well. If they don't, +/or don't even try to? Hey, cool. Hope it goes well. Finding it much more enjoyable to sit back and roll with whatever the hell happens... and in football too! :P 

I don't know the Falcons cap situation, but can you imagine?????? Plus having Ridley??? Lawd, but also seems super unnecessary lol.

A team like the Jets should do it to help Darnold out.

Colts really can run this offseason however way they want it. They have a lot of high draft picks and over $100 million in cap space. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know the Falcons cap situation, but can you imagine?????? Plus having Ridley??? Lawd, but also seems super unnecessary lol.

A team like the Jets should do it to help Darnold out.

Colts really can run this offseason however way they want it. They have a lot of high draft picks and over $100 million in cap space. 

The colts would be my fun pick

Raiders for one of their back end 1sts. Meets Gruden's age requirement and would give them a nice "veteran" pairing with Jordy and AB. Personally I'd much rather have one of these prospects in this years draft (Brown, Harry, Butler, Harmon, Samuel) with our 2nd then AB. Lynch and Shanny don't seem to be too enamored with "names" so I think they'll pass as well, hoping they do atleast. 

I'm actually hoping the Jets bring in AB and Bell and draft Jonah Williams with their 1st this year. Pay Bell and mortgage next years draft, maybe their 2nd and 3rd for AB. Give Darnold some weapons and protection to develop and invest the rest of their cap and draft into that front 7 of their defense. No special interest in the Jets other than Darnold, he was my top QB of last years draft and I'd like to see him succeed.

Edited by Fureys49ers

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Maybe, maybe, maybe. Not at all going to worry about it. If we somehow sign AB, hey cool.. hope it goes well. If they don't, +/or don't even try to? Hey, cool. Hope it goes well. Finding it much more enjoyable to sit back and roll with whatever the hell happens... and in football too! :P 

I'm doing that with my love life.

Still single.

Edited by rudyZ
I'm dumb and can't write.