Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think most of us expected that. I'm unsure what his contract situation was - someone in the news forum said that he wasn't under contract, but I thought someone in the bears forum said that he was. If he's under contract, I don't know why the Bears would let him go to be honest. But if he's a free agent, I don't know why he wouldn't go to Denver. Chicago has more talent, but my understanding is that they are trying to convince Bowles to change his mind about Tampa, so he doesn't appear to be their first choice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The most important thing from this - what does this due to the Cowboys' chances of landing ET? Does it effect them at all? Richard was someone ET was obviously very familiar with and liked, but Dallas is still his homegrown team. Not sure if it changes anything or not. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

The most important thing from this - what does this due to the Cowboys' chances of landing ET? Does it effect them at all? Richard was someone ET was obviously very familiar with and liked, but Dallas is still his homegrown team. Not sure if it changes anything or not. 

I just don't understand how a guy flames out as a DC, goes to Dallas to coach the secondary, and then becomes a HC. Don't get wrong, he's a excellent DB coach. But as the head of a football team, this is a major reach imo...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I just don't understand how a guy flames out as a DC, goes to Dallas to coach the secondary, and then becomes a HC. Don't get wrong, he's a excellent DB coach. But as the head of a football team, this is a major reach imo...

I think it's particularly amusing because the strength of the Dallas defense is the front 7. Obviously Byron Jones is a stud in the secondary, but the strong point is still the front 7. And that's coached by Marinelli. Dallas is one of the worst defenses in football against play actions (which I would hold the DB coach responsible) and doesn't seem to be getting better in that regard (Wilson obviously having a great game in the playoff matchup) so that's a problem Richard has yet to be able to correct. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's particularly amusing because the strength of the Dallas defense is the front 7. Obviously Byron Jones is a stud in the secondary, but the strong point is still the front 7. And that's coached by Marinelli. Dallas is one of the worst defenses in football against play actions (which I would hold the DB coach responsible) and doesn't seem to be getting better in that regard (Wilson obviously having a great game in the playoff matchup) so that's a problem Richard has yet to be able to correct. 

But man the secondary has been ballin for the most part. And Byron Jones becoming an all pro player? Who saw that coming? Dude can definitely coach up the DBs. Griffin was much better in his rookie season than year two. 

And I wouldn't exactly say he flamed out as a DC either. He had two top five defenses in 2015-2016 before the team caught the injury bug in 2017. Obviously Seattle was able to rebound this year, but Richard was far from bad. Then you look at how much guys like Sherman vouch for him and the improvement of the Cowboys secondary? That speaks well for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But man the secondary has been ballin for the most part. And Byron Jones becoming an all pro player? Who saw that coming? Dude can definitely coach up the DBs. Griffin was much better in his rookie season than year two. 

And I wouldn't exactly say he flamed out as a DC either. He had two top five defenses in 2015-2016 before the team caught the injury bug in 2017. Obviously Seattle was able to rebound this year, but Richard was far from bad. Then you look at how much guys like Sherman vouch for him and the improvement of the Cowboys secondary? That speaks well for him. 

Yeah, I don't want to be overly harsh on him, so that was probably unfair. He's a top notch developer of talent. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Hell yes! Go get him Miami! I want ET

It should be noted that Earl Thomas was telling Garrett to trade for him LAST YEAR when Richard was still in Seattle. So I doubt he just wanted to come because of Richard and running a scheme he is familiar with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It should be noted that Earl Thomas was telling Garrett to trade for him LAST YEAR when Richard was still in Seattle. So I doubt he just wanted to come because of Richard and running a scheme he is familiar with. 

That home team appeal for ET. 

I'm really hoping Dallas is caught up too much in Dak / Lawrence to commit time and energy to getting ET LOL

• Like 1