Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

That home team appeal for ET. 

I'm really hoping Dallas is caught up too much in Dak / Lawrence to commit time and energy to getting ET LOL

And does Dallas’ secondary really need to be spending that kind of money for a 30 year old safety (granted a very good one before these injuries but still)? They seem to be holding their own as is right now. This year they only have Lawrence to resign and a lot of depth who’s contracts expire but the year after they have Dak, Cooper, Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee, Laell Collins, Maliek Collins, and Byron Jones. Year after that is the rest of their young secondary players for the most part and Zeke. I’m not sure if Thomas is willing to give a hometown discount or be good with a 1 or 2 year contract and then try and test FA another year older. I’m pretty sure his beef with Seattle started because he wanted to get compensated accordingly and be taken care of long term. Well see what happens and I have very limited knowledge of any of the behind the scenes but do know that it helps our case if Richard leaves so I’m all for it. 

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

And does Dallas’ secondary really need to be spending that kind of money for a 30 year old safety (granted a very good one before these injuries but still)? They seem to be holding their own as is right now. This year they only have Lawrence to resign and a lot of depth who’s contracts expire but the year after they have Dak, Cooper, Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee, Laell Collins, Maliek Collins, and Byron Jones. Year after that is the rest of their young secondary players for the most part and Zeke. I’m not sure if Thomas is willing to give a hometown discount or be good with a 1 or 2 year contract and then try and test FA another year older. I’m pretty sure his beef with Seattle started because he wanted to get compensated accordingly and be taken care of long term. Well see what happens and I have very limited knowledge of any of the behind the scenes but do know that it helps our case if Richard leaves so I’m all for it. 

We have all the money, a DC he's familiar with (to some extent, not sure if players really know all the qc coaches), and a need. Go get him Lynch!

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

That home team appeal for ET. 

I'm really hoping Dallas is caught up too much in Dak / Lawrence to commit time and energy to getting ET LOL

Honestly, that defense is already damn good. And they will have to pay Lawrence/Zeke/Dak very soon. Byron Jones also right in two years? So they may have a lot of cap space next year, but it will fill up quickly. 

22 hours ago, Justone2 said:

i think at this point teams are too concerned grabbing a offensive mind that it almost seems like thats the only qualification

I believe it's exactly what's happening. Which makes what the Broncos did all that more interesting. I think hiring Vic was a great move for them. But hiring KK is definitely a risky move for the Cards. But one I'm very interested in watching crash and burn. If he turns out to be great... well... what a division we're going to have. It will put that much more pressure on the GMs. The Cards have good pieces on defense and the first overall pick. We have... pieces.... somewhere, and the second overall pick (and Jesus Garopollo). Can never count the seahawks out, as much as I hate Carroll. The Rams window is now. In a couple of years, they're going to have to pay Goff 35m a year. They're not going to be able to afford all the big names they added. They traded away their draft this year for a run. It will be a very different team in two years, but the offense will surely be good still. 

Many of these offensive HC need to flame out, then we'll have a bunch of former HCs turning into OCs again, for defensive minded head coaches. That's probably how coaching will cycle. We'll get a wave of defensive HCs with OCs with head coaching experience, and once those flame out, we'll get a new generation of offensive minds at HC with DCs who used to be head coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I believe it's exactly what's happening. Which makes what the Broncos did all that more interesting. I think hiring Vic was a great move for them. But hiring KK is definitely a risky move for the Cards. But one I'm very interested in watching crash and burn. If he turns out to be great... well... what a division we're going to have. It will put that much more pressure on the GMs. The Cards have good pieces on defense and the first overall pick. We have... pieces.... somewhere, and the second overall pick (and Jesus Garopollo). Can never count the seahawks out, as much as I hate Carroll. The Rams window is now. In a couple of years, they're going to have to pay Goff 35m a year. They're not going to be able to afford all the big names they added. They traded away their draft this year for a run. It will be a very different team in two years, but the offense will surely be good still. 

Many of these offensive HC need to flame out, then we'll have a bunch of former HCs turning into OCs again, for defensive minded head coaches. That's probably how coaching will cycle. We'll get a wave of defensive HCs with OCs with head coaching experience, and once those flame out, we'll get a new generation of offensive minds at HC with DCs who used to be head coaches.

I think what i like most about the Broncos hiring Fangio is that they already knew Kubiak would be the OC. Now they have two great coordinators who basically can run their own side of the ball. The hiring of KK, LaFleur and Kitchens to me scream of wanting to find their McVay just like a few years ago everyone wanted somebody from the Patriots both in FO and coaching. I think a good HC isn't always a good coordinator just like a good coordinator has to be a good position coach. 

And your last point may very well be true and things like this will always have that sort of wave going on because everyone wants to follow what works for other teams. Which is why i really admire the way the Steelers handle their hirings by always going for a young defensive mind. And not firing them after one down year.

Edited by Justone2