The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're apparently shopping Coop and Joseph.

I'm soooo close to losing it. 

Will someone please strip Gruden of his GM powers.  This is all about ego.  Its great that we are trying to shop these players when their values are at all time lows.  Its fine if we are just going to blow things up and start over but at least try to showcase these players skills before you ship them out.  I wonder if Grudens pitch to other teams is "look how he effortlessly gets open all the time but our QB is not capable of getting him the ball on a regular basis so he will be more valuable to your team".  Lets get a 5th for Cooper a conditional 7th for Joseph and watch them ball out with coaches and teammates that play to their strengths.  If he goes to the right team trading Cooper might look like Moss to the Patriots.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I highly doubt that this is the case. No indication of this at all...

Why. He has gotten rid of almost every reggie pick. Cooper is on a 5th year option next year. He could easily be gone. Joseph don't play and is behind guys that suck. He us going to get rid of every reggie draft pick. Only carr is close to being safe. And I suspect if we can draft herbert , Carr only got a year left here. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Why. He has gotten rid of almost every reggie pick. Cooper is on a 5th year option next year. He could easily be gone. Joseph don't play and is behind guys that suck. He us going to get rid of every reggie draft pick. Only carr is close to being safe. And I suspect if we can draft herbert , Carr only got a year left here. 

That doesn't mean he'll clean house just because. The guys he's gotten rid of have sucked.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That doesn't mean he'll clean house just because. The guys he's gotten rid of have sucked.

What do you consider cleaning house. If you get rid of all the draft picks before you got here. That's cleaning house. KO and Gabe doesn't fit new system. No way we going to keep paying both of them all this money. Irvin is as good as gone. Lynch last year of his deal. Reggie Nelson on a one year deal. That's cleaning house. 

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What do you consider cleaning house. If you get rid of all the draft picks before you got here. That's cleaning house. KO and Gabe doesn't fit new system. No way we going to keep paying both of them all this money. Irvin is as good as gone. Lynch last year of his deal. Reggie Nelson on a one year deal. That's cleaning house. 

Has anyone ever totally cleaned house? By that I mean got rid of all players from a previous regime even the young players with some promise?

3 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Has anyone ever totally cleaned house? By that I mean got rid of all players from a previous regime even the young players with some promise?

I don't know. I felt like reggie cleaned house when he first got here. The thing is, you still got to field a football team so you cant just cut and fire everybody in one offseasons. I do remember Jano being the last draft of Al on the team like 2 or 3 years after reggie Took over. 

Archived