Broncos RB DeAngelo Henderson

elliot878

I think at draft time we all kind of wrote this pick off.  "Another short speedy guy" was a typical theme by that point in the draft.  No one was really happy with the pick at the time of the draft.

I want to take this opportunity to do some further digging on DeAngelo Henderson.  Every fantasy article I read he's Denver's "under the radar" or "fantasy steal."  The MJD comparisons are also becoming more prevalent.  So what has changed since the draft?  We've seen one impressive game.  We've heard solid reports from camp, and we've had time to settle down from our snap reaction at draft time and really look into his measurables and college production.

With what we know now, he looks like a pretty impressive prospect, and the "steal" label is making a lot of sense.  So how have your opinions changed on this prospect?  What are your new expectations for DeAngelo Henderson?  I almost wouldn't be mad if Jamaal Charles didn't make the team and we got to see more of DeAngelo this year.

I loved Deangelo from the start he checks all the boxes off from a rb im today's nfl.

Now, some on here brought up concerns which were warranted said he was at best a great 3rd down back due to size, and would have trouble adjusting  coming from a small school. 

We'll see he was facing the bottom of the barrel guys but I like what I see. And I think he can make an impact this year.

Always liked the pick but I'm also always partial to sub 5'9" backs with that low center of gravity. 

Because it's the RB position, I expect he'll have to see significant action at some point this season, but probably only for a short period, 2-3 games maybe. Next year though I expect big things. Booker should be his only competition for the starting job. 

I did like the little I saw of Henderson before the draft.  Really his physical makeup has been successful for a decent amount of running backs in the league.  While he's short, he has good bulk at 210+.  Factor in that 4.48 speed and physically he has what it takes.

A friend of mine was all over him and I don't consider him all that knowledgeable, haha.  He's purely a trait type of guy, doesn't watch any film just bases it off of measurables, but every now and then he does get it right.  He had Henderson as a 3rd round pick.

I definitely seem him as more than a 3rd down back. He can run between the tackles and is tough as nails. I think he has a bigger impact this season than Charles. He has nearly every physical advantage over Booker as well. I think he easily supplants Devonte and becomes our #2 this season.

He and Butt were easily our best draft picks.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I definitely seem him as more than a 3rd down back. He can run between the tackles and is tough as nails. I think he has a bigger impact this season than Charles. He has nearly every physical advantage over Booker as well. I think he easily supplants Devonte and becomes our #2 this season.

He and Butt were easily our best draft picks.

I also like Mckenzie he's a dynamic weapon that's gonna live up to his selection and then some.

I'll say it again this was the best draft of Elways tenure.

If this draft turns out better than 2011 I will eat my own foot.

I'm not saying they'll land a chris Harris and Von Miller. I just think it will be the deepest most productive class since 2006.

we will see 4 or 5 highly impactful players from this draft minimum.

If this draft turns out better than 2011 I will eat my own foot.

23 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not saying they'll land a chris Harris and Von Miller. I just think it will be the deepest most productive class since 2006.

we will see 4 or 5 highly impactful players from this draft minimum.

The 2011 draft class wasn't Von and Harris alone - Orlando Franklin, Orange Julius and Rahim Moore all impact starters, plus Virgil Green and Nate Irving as depth guys.   Hard to match even before Miller & Harris. 

The 2011 draft class wasn't Von and Harris alone - Orlando Franklin, Orange Julius and Rahim Moore all impact starters, plus Virgil Green and Nate Irving as depth guys.   Hard to match even before Miller & Harris. 

Exactly. I think guys constantly underrate quality draft picks that don't have 10+ years on the same team, like Franklin, JT and Rahim.

I would be astonished if this draft had near the production of Von, Franklin, Julius, Rahim, Green and Irving. I wont even include Harris as he wasn't drafted.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So if you take out Von Miller you're still happy with that,draft as a whole?

From what I understand he's been the star of camp, at least from an offensive perspective. It seems like the two short, speedy guys - DeAngelo and Isiah McKenzie - have really shown well so far. Both also had some big plays in the Bears game last week. I think both are some of those late-round steals that have become the norm in Elway's drafts. I think both make a pretty significant impact this year. 

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

From what I understand he's been the star of camp, at least from an offensive perspective. It seems like the two short, speedy guys - DeAngelo and Isiah McKenzie - have really shown well so far. Both also had some big plays in the Bears game last week. I think both are some of those late-round steals that have become the norm in Elway's drafts. I think both make a pretty significant impact this year. 

Other short speedy guy Kalif Raymond (thought he had 0% chance of making team) has been killin it the last week or so too. Still think he's a longshot to make the team

Archived