Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

43 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Only thing I know him from is Prometheus.

he's a solid actor..he's much better in other stuff

Prometheus wasted a great cast tbh.. the supporting actors who had like 1 or 2 lines I have seen put on award worthy performances in other films/shows

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I didn't watch it with sound, but The Predator trailer looked like it was trying to use a Stranger Things vibe a bit, especially at the start of the trailer. I'm not all that impressed by it.

Yeah, it was like... Exactly that.  It was entirely cringeworthy.  Every second of it.  The kid playing with a Predator toy that he found in a box.  Him playing with the spaceship part, inadvertently controlling a Predator ship.  I am so sad and embarrassed by that trailer.  It was so bad I want to just go back in time and remove all evidence of me having faith in Shane Black and also cry a little bit.  It looked so hopelessly bad I just want to die a little. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, it was like... Exactly that.  It was entirely cringeworthy.  Every second of it.  The kid playing with a Predator toy that he found in a box.  Him playing with the spaceship part, inadvertently controlling a Predator ship.  I am so sad and embarrassed by that trailer.  It was so bad I want to just go back in time and remove all evidence of me having faith in Shane Black and also cry a little bit.  It looked so hopelessly bad I just want to die a little. 

I’m not sure he was actually controlling the ship. I think they just cut together him playing with it and it crashing, but we’ll see.

Just now, RamRod said:

I’m not sure he was actually controlling the ship. I think they just cut together him playing with it and it crashing, but we’ll see.

The synopsis of the movie said a boy inadvertently brings the Predators to Earth.  Either way, it's all kinds of stupid.  A kid belongs in a Predator movie like Freddy Krueger belongs in a Pixar movie. 

• Like 1

Ya just watched it. Thought the Stranger Things vibe in the beginning would be the low point of the trailer, but it was actually the high point lol. Starts downhill and quickly looks worse and worse. I too had a bit of faith in Shane Black b/c KKBB and The Nice Guys are two tremendous films and Iron Man 3 was decent.

Who knows though. Trailers cant always paint the full picture.