Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

New Fantastic breasts trailer looks ok. Just think it's dumb they're inflating newt scamanders role like that. He was just the magical creature cataloguer not the grindelwald fighter and defeater. I mean, come on. 

Edited by Tyty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

New Fantastic breasts trailer looks ok. Just think it's dumb they're inflating newt scamanders role like that. He was just the magical creature cataloguer not the grindelwald fighter and defeater. I mean, come on. 

Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them: A Guide For Men

On 3/13/2018 at 2:00 PM, Tyty said:

He will not be defeating Grindelwald.  There's currently 3 more Fantastic Beasts movie planned after this one, so Dumbledore can't fight him yet.  It's well-established that Dumbledore waited until the very last moment to face Grindelwald himself, so re-establishing our current protagonist as leading the charge against him isn't that big of a deal.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He will not be defeating Grindelwald.  There's currently 3 more Fantastic Beasts movie planned after this one, so Dumbledore can't fight him yet.  It's well-established that Dumbledore waited until the very last moment to face Grindelwald himself, so re-establishing our current protagonist as leading the charge against him isn't that big of a deal.

Still tho. That's like sending Bob Ross to fight Osama Bin Laden 

23 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Still tho. That's like sending Bob Ross to fight Osama Bin Laden 

You're basing a lot of this on a couple of assumptions: that Scamander is not very powerful and that he's the only 1 trying to stop Grindelwald.

We barely knew anything about Scamander before these movies, so he very well could have been a great student with very strong abilities.  We do know that Dumbledore was always a fan, and that was even expanded on in the first movie.  It's not a stretch at all to think he'd trust Scamander to help out in the hunt for and fight against Grindelwald.

We don't know what happens in this movie.  The money shot of the trailer is Scamander working with another Wizard, so it's not like this is setting up as "Scamander Vs. Grindelwald".

The one thing I like about Harry Potter right now is Newt Scamander.  I thought the first Fantastic Beats movie was extremely boring, but I liked Newt's character.  It seemed based on the first movie that Newt is a much better Wizard than anyone, including himself, let on and that he just had more interest in animals than other magical ambition.  I think Jude Law was a PERFECT choice for a young Dumbledore.  Much better choice for the fun and jovial Dumbledore than the grump old fart who played Dumbledore in the majority of the Harry Potter movies. 

I still think Rowling has lost any magic she ever had because Fantastic Beasts was a bad movie, and this one looks just as bad.  Nobody cares about that chubby muggle baker or his weird girlfriend.  That was just some uninspired character creation.  The actor isn't funny, the character wasn't funny, and you don't need that kind of sidekick.  He was just an awful, awful character and I was hoping his arc had run its course.

I just don't know how they expect to milk five movies out of Newt Scamander and Dumbledore versus Grindelwald.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The one thing I like about Harry Potter right now is Newt Scamander.  I thought the first Fantastic Beats movie was extremely boring, but I liked Newt's character.  It seemed based on the first movie that Newt is a much better Wizard than anyone, including himself, let on and that he just had more interest in animals than other magical ambition.  I think Jude Law was a PERFECT choice for a young Dumbledore.  Much better choice for the fun and jovial Dumbledore than the grump old fart who played Dumbledore in the majority of the Harry Potter movies. 

I still think Rowling has lost any magic she ever had because Fantastic Beasts was a bad movie, and this one looks just as bad.  Nobody cares about that chubby muggle baker or his weird girlfriend.  That was just some uninspired character creation.  The actor isn't funny, the character wasn't funny, and you don't need that kind of sidekick.  He was just an awful, awful character and I was hoping his arc had run its course.

I just don't know how they expect to milk five movies out of Newt Scamander and Dumbledore versus Grindelwald.

Whoa I thought I was the only one that thought fantastic Breasts was meh

14 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Whoa I thought I was the only one that thought fantastic Breasts was meh

I kind of thought it was the general consensus.  I agree that Redmayne was pretty good, but pretty much everyone else was bleh.

My only real hope in this one is they let Depp and Law go nuts and run with their characters.  I'm still in because my kids like it, but I was underwhelmed by this trailer.

57 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree that Redmayne was pretty good, but pretty much everyone else was bleh.

These are my thoughts as well actually. I left that theater outrageously disappointed. It was absurdly apparent that they changed course halfway through making this movie from a quaint adventure collecting fantastic beasts to a world shattering Grindelwald set up story with weird new Obscurial plot dropped in for good measure. The pace was a mess, the plot was all over the place, and there were so many useless characters thrown in. Just a messy messy messy movie.