? Week 4: 2-1 Bucs vs 2-1 Bears

Jimmy Austin

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Aren’t good QBs supposed to pick apart soft zone defenses in garbage time? 

Brees does it. ?

Jameis looked rusty. He missed a couple throws. He also ran for his life more than once.

He's got no excuses for week six. It's put up or shut up.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Seems like every year this team has a game like this. 

Yup. There's a philosophy problem somewhere. Don't know if it's coaching or players or a combination of the two. But at least once a year we don't bother showing up. 

It's embarrassing.

They were completely lost on how to handle the bunch formation.  This was not a case of another team being more athletic then the defense.  Embarrassing on all fronts.  

My most disturbing play was when the Bears go max protect and it a 2 man route.  Outside WR to the left and somehow Cohen gets single coverage from Taylor with the entire right side of the field open.  Brutal defense.

Just now, ravishingone said:

They were completely lost on how to handle the bunch formation.  This was not a case of another team being more athletic then the defense.  Embarrassing on all fronts.  

My most disturbing play was when the Bears go max protect and it a 2 man route.  Outside WR to the left and somehow Cohen gets single coverage from Taylor with the entire right side of the field open.  Brutal defense.

Seven on two and someone is wide open. ?

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Seven on two and someone is wide open. ?

It s sickening, the bunch set guys were left wide open.  One time in the first half, Burton was so wide open, he braced for contact and realized hey there s nobody within 6 yards of me, let me keep running.    I m sorry, I don't buy that professional athletes are this stupid and can't understand what is being taught by the coaches.  If I can just get a DC that doesn't have communication issues with the players on the field, it will be a victory at this point.  Then we can decide whether the talent on defense is the worst in the league.

Bears fan here.

I do not think you guys need to be that upset. It was a pathetic effort, but the Bears are better than everyone thinks. The Bears defense is probably the best or 2nd best in the league and they have been destroying teams. I thought they were going to kill Russell Wilson.

Trubisky's issues have been largely overstated by the fans and some in the media. The plays he hit yesterday he was just barely missing in earlier weeks. 

Mike Smith sucks and his unit looked unprepared, but Nagy has been mind bending other DCs.

Archived