2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes!!!! Been a Desir fan for a while and he was fantastic last season, especially in the 2nd half of the year.

Me too, and I just said a couple pages back I'd rather be in on him lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Depends on your definition of low risk. Kind of feel like he's going to get something like 8-10 aav 

I guess I didn't think he'd command a ton in FA, but we do need help in our defensive backfield. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I just like him calling out Sam Monson. Smug prick. 

Yeah, Mathieu seems like he really turned his life around and is a good dude after his trials and tribulations at LSU. I know he's done stuff with ASPCA and seems to be a good role model to other players around him. It is cool to see him calling out an 'expert' and have another players back though. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm not a fan of this. If we don't get a pass rusher in FA I hope we just address it in the draft. 

It's clear we are going to add multiple edge rushers. One likely in free agency and another in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm not a fan of this. If we don't get a pass rusher in FA I hope we just address it in the draft. 

I'm not a fan of it either, but reading the tea leaves, it's clear Lynch wants to address the Edge position after failing to do so last offseason. I also believe trading for Ford won't inhibit our plans of drafting an Edge rusher early.

Just now, typecast said:

I'm not a fan of it either, but reading the tea leaves, it's clear Lynch wants to address the Edge position after failing to do so last offseason. I also believe trading for Ford won't inhibit our plans of drafting an Edge rusher early.

It's quite a double dip to use both your first round and second or third round pick in the same position

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's quite a double dip to use both your first round and second or third round pick in the same position

I do believe there are a couple guys who aren't one-trick edge rushers with the versatility to play other roles in our defense.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's clear we are going to add multiple edge rushers. One likely in free agency and another in the draft. 

Yeah I get it, but I'm still not a fan of burning what little draft capital on Dee Ford and paying him a boat load of money with what he's done so far in his career. I guess I did see someone mention that we could let him play on the franchise tag and walk/receive a comp pick two years from now. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him (not our second) if we didn't extend him right away and made him 'prove it' in our scheme/consecutive years. I'd still rather just sign someone though. 

5 minutes ago, typecast said:

I do believe there are a couple guys who aren't one-trick edge rushers with the versatility to play other roles in our defense.

Would agree with that if it's like Allen. You could easily have both Allen and Ford on the field together

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would agree with that if it's like Allen. You could easily have both Allen and Ford on the field together

We're in the nickel majority of the time anyways. Allen will primarily be used to rush the passer. No issue at all if you can play him and Ford together or Bosa and Ford. 

Ford Thomas Buckner Bosa 

Lawd!!!!!

Archived