2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Well..****. I didn't look at the last part. I thought we'd save something.

Jerrick was such a bad signing lol. 

I just don't know how that can be said when he never played a down last year. I get that his contract is weird, but we don't even know if he can justify it yet. His cap hit in 2019 is 5.7 mil, but in 2020 it jumps up to 8 mil. In my opinion, I'd give him this year to justify it, then decide to cut him next year (we'd save about 4 mil), or restructure his final two years (both are at 8 mil cap hit). 

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

id like this move

Meh. I don't think he's all that good. I'd be more in on Desir, myself. But I do like bringing in another cornerback to compete. I think that is important. We shouldn't just be giving Spoon the starting role next season. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Meh. I don't think he's all that good. I'd be more in on Desir, myself. But I do like bringing in another cornerback to compete. I think that is important. We shouldn't just be giving Spoon the starting role next season. 

We really NEED someone who can come in and compete for a starting spot. Sherman is no sure thing this year and can easily be cut after the season and Spoon and Moore shouldn't be given a starting role without earning it.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

We really NEED someone who can come in and compete for a starting spot. Sherman is no sure thing this year and can easily be cut after the season and Spoon and Moore shouldn't be given a starting role without earning it.

Agreed. Just a difference in player evaluation. I like that we are doing it, just haven't every been a fan of Roby, admittedly. Even back to his OSU days

Archived