2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think the next thing off the board is the safety. I'm still pretty sure that we are making a play on Ziggy, but because that is likely going to be a one year deal, I see that as something that will happen a few days into free agency because he may want to scour the market to see if he can get a multi year deal from some first if they miss out on all the other edge rushers (someone like the Jets or something) 

Agreed, and quite honestly I'm ok if that's the way it plays out. Not the way I would have done it but that's the way it always happens. Still holding out hope for Houston, Preston Smith or ZaDarius Smith but we'll see. As long as pick 2 is spent on Bosa or Allen I'll be ok with the direction and improvements of our defense with Kwon, a FS and an EDGE.

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Agreed, and quite honestly I'm ok if that's the way it plays out. Not the way I would have done it but that's the way it always happens. Still holding out hope for Houston, Preston Smith or ZaDarius Smith but we'll see. As long as pick 2 is spent on Bosa or Allen I'll be ok with the direction and improvements of our defense with Kwon, a FS and an EDGE.

I'm fine with it as well. Our Edge player of the future should be coming from the draft, just based on the class and our draft position, so short term depth is fine. 

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As much as I like Flowers, he is NOT worth 16-17 a year. He's sort of a hybrid player. You pay that kind of money for guys who sack the QB at a pretty high rate. No way would I have been good with giving him that kind of money. 

Yeah, I get why they didn't do it, probably for the same line of your reasoning. But I just would have been ok ponying up another 5 for him instead of the money that went to Kwon. But again, this also may signal that they are in fact sticking with Bosa and they'll just use FA to fortify the other edge position with lower priced players. 

Got me thinking..Blair just had a pretty good year as an edge. They may also view him as an actual solid rotational piece given the season  he just had. Something myself and others have been calling for a while. He might be factoring into this too. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Got me thinking..Blair just had a pretty good year as an edge. They may also view him as an actual solid rotational piece given the season  he just had. Something myself and others have been calling for a while. He might be factoring into this too. 

I would like to see Blair get a reasonable extension soon. Very good in the rotation

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I swear to god Lynch, if you don't land ET....

well, I'll just continue to watch and root for the niners and all that jazz....so really, no change...but I'll be mad at you while doing it. 

Why would Lynch/Shanny want to pay ET 15M per year when they can pay Alexander 13.5M per year?? #Priorities 

And I mean yeah pass rusher seems fine and dandy, but are we going to end up with Ford/Houston? 

Whatever at this point, let's see how it plays out. 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Hey, I don't mind if we want to take one of those 6th rounders and turn it into a running back. I'm perfectly fine with grabbing an rb in the draft every other year or so. No problems whatsoever with that. Signing another free agent? Would be pretty lulzy in my opinion. 

Archived