2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, John232 said:

Well, we did something. And he’s at least not Malcom Smith..

but hufe overpay. 

It's likely structured in a way that we can get out of it cheaply after two years. I have faith in Marathe. He was a Pro Bowler in 2017, if that means anything.

4 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

ugh i hate how we overpaid for an undersized LB with a knee...

It’s not great but it’s free agency. Mostly will get more and is subpar against the pass, where Kwon is great in that regard.

its an overpay and I don’t love it, but we undoubtedly filled a hole.

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

It’s not great but it’s free agency. Mostly will get more and is subpar against the pass, where Kwon is great in that regard.

Not according to Tampa fans

I don't like the price tag, but I am a fan of bringing in Alexander. He's young, athletic, and has a knack for creating turnovers, which was our biggest issue on defense last year. I'm not worried about the knee; in this day and age a torn ACL is like treating a cold for these doctors. Interesting note on OBJ, that rumor just won't seem to go away. I remember OBJ going up and giving Lynch a hug and talking to him before our game this year, he was probably telling Lynch to come get him.  

14 minutes ago, John232 said:

What hole did he fill? He's massively inconsistent and overrated. He's should never play MIKE for us so I assume he's playing Will because he isn't a SAM. He's fast and uber athletic and pretty good against the run....when he actually makes a tackle. I just don't see the appeal for him for this scheme specifically. And you got a guy like Jordan Hicks just sitting there, who is a muuuuuuch better fit.

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

What hole did he fill? He's massively inconsistent and overrated. He's should never play MIKE for us so I assume he's playing Will because he isn't a SAM. He's fast and uber athletic and pretty good against the run....when he actually makes a tackle. I just don't see the appeal for him for this scheme specifically.

Honestly? He's fast and athletic. That is it. I'm willing to bet that we fell in love with that and he was always locked in as our guy

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

What hole did he fill? He's massively inconsistent and overrated. He's should never play MIKE for us so I assume he's playing Will because he isn't a SAM. He's fast and uber athletic and pretty good against the run....when he actually makes a tackle. I just don't see the appeal for him for this scheme specifically.

Pretty much. Our run defense is going to be pretty bad next season. 

Can't wait to see who we overpay like crazy next.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly? He's fast and athletic. That is it. I'm willing to bet that we fell in love with that and he was always locked in as our guy

And he’s good in coverage which matters a tremendous amount. He’s only 24 and pretty much everyone is echoing the sentiment that he was the leader and heart and soul of the defense. Beat Writers and players.

its not a great contract but Jesus Christ this isn’t worth acting like the sky is falling,

Archived