2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pssh, since we were talking about 4 years 60M, what is 2 years 30M to us????

Chump change. We should glady offer that. Would also allow a young FS to develop under Thomas for a couple of years. But like I've said, I'd be shocked if we land Thomas. I really feel like he wants to end his career playing in Texas. 

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So my AAV was dead on, and I was willing to go longer. I would have figured that on 4/60, the first two years are basically guaranteed anyway. We need to make that happen. I have no problem with this deal whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Chump change. We should glady offer that. Would also allow a young FS to develop under Thomas for a couple of years. But like I've said, I'd be shocked if we land Thomas. I really feel like he wants to end his career playing in Texas. 

Maybe that's why he only wants 2 years though? He knows that Dallas can't get in at that price point right now, but maybe they can in 2 years, so he signs a 2 year deal with a non-franchise provision, and then signs with Dallas to finish out his career? He'd only be 31/32 at that point. He could have 3-4 years left as a viable, solid free safety at that point. Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson...all played at a high level. Mike Adams was solid into his mid 30s and he didn't have near the talent. 

edit...for some reason I thought malcolm jenkins was like 37 years old LOL

Archived