2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I'd say Ziggy is the most likely veteran rusher we sign, if we do in fact sign one. 

Agreed. I mean, Mayhew drafted him, Kocurek was his defensive line coach for years, and this is how the NFL works a lot. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm certainly more open to it if it's the pick at the top of the third. I think if we secure Ford, there is a really good chance that we are moving down, so we are going to get that pick back anyway. 

Good point, making the trade even more worth it. 

Of course, I hope you expect us to move down to a certain spot to get a certain WR lol.

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. I mean, Mayhew drafted him, Kocurek was his defensive line coach for years, and this is how the NFL works a lot. 

For a one year deal I have no problem with that move. Don't think he moves the needle like Ford does where we trade down. If we get Ansah, then I fully expect us to double down with Bosa as well. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is Joyner going for half that though? I think Ha-Ha Clinton Dix is the one getting overlooked in this class and I'm not sure why. He may be had for like 4-5M cheaper than the top guns and he will be worth every penny. 

EIther one would make sense to sort of get lost in the shuffle. I just picked Joyner arbitrarily as a guy that could.  I Think ET gets about 14m/annual. One of those guys is going to get signed for like 6-7. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For a one year deal I have no problem with that move. Don't think he moves the needle like Ford does where we trade down. If we get Ansah, then I fully expect us to double down with Bosa as well. 

Me either. I was adamantly opposed to him last year because I felt if he hit the market, he was getting a multi year deal. I Think this year he's probably locked into a 1 year prove it type deal. Maybe around 10M? That's fine with me.

Just now, Forge said:

Me either. I was adamantly opposed to him last year because I felt if he hit the market, he was getting a multi year deal. I Think this year he's probably locked into a 1 year prove it type deal. Maybe around 10M? That's fine with me.

Yep, but if we are going to sign one to one year deal I rather make a move for Ford. Now, he just got tagged but if we can't lock him up at least we get a compensatory pick back. Sure we have to give one up but Ford is better than Ansah so it will be worth it. 

Archived