2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, John232 said:

giphy.gif

I'm happy to hear they're going after LB's. Mosely would be a nice get, Alexander is more of a gamble (expensive one at that, apparently), but could be nice pickup. I've cooled on Barr lately, I'd rather have a true MIKE so Warner can go back to WILL.

Also, love this gif. I was actually watching this movie yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Wow. It's amazing to think about how we drafted him in the 7th round. I remember when he was drafted, Coach Jim Tom was talking him up big time in training camp and plugging him in as the starting RT. At the time, I was thinking we must REALLY be hurting for talent if a 7th-round rookie is stepping in a taking starting snaps, but maybe Jim Tom spotted that talent before most did.

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm happy to hear they're going after LB's. Mosely would be a nice get, Alexander is more of a gamble (expensive one at that, apparently), but could be nice pickup. I've cooled on Barr lately, I'd rather have a true MIKE so Warner can go back to WILL.

Also, love this gif. I was actually watching this movie yesterday. 

Not sure I want Warner at will. I'm torn. He doesn't strike me as a playmaker, and I think I want my best playmaker linebacker at the WILL role. Can't decide though. It's such a limited sample size that its really hard to say for sure what he is. 

From Graziano:

Tevin Coleman gets a really nice deal

Maybe one like the four-year, $30 million deal Jerick McKinnon got from the 49ers last year. There are teams looking for running backs who are telling people they're more interested in Coleman at his price than Bell at his. Look out for the Jets, Ravens and Texans if they don't get Le'Veon, and don't completely rule out the 49ers, who don't owe McKinnon another guaranteed penny.

Odell Beckham Jr.

At last check, the Giants still had no active trade talks involving their star wide receiver. And I still seriously doubt ownership signs off on a trade that would leave the Giants with $16 million in dead money on their cap and having paid Beckham $21.5 million in cash for 12 games. But there are teams (specifically the 49ers and Browns) still hoping to talk the Giants out of Beckham, and there are still people around the league who believe such a move isn't impossible for the right (exorbitant) price. This isn't an Antonio Brownsituation, where the team feels it has to dump a guy for whatever it can get.

Houston has been trying to re-sign Tyrann Mathieu, but so far it hasn't tried hard enough. He still could end up back there, but more than one source has told me to watch out for Baltimore.

Also predicts ET to the Chargers. Whoa!

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Not sure I want Warner at will. I'm torn. He doesn't strike me as a playmaker, and I think I want my best playmaker linebacker at the WILL role. Can't decide though. It's such a limited sample size that its really hard to say for sure what he is. 

I think he'd be fine at both. But I think I'd prefer him at Mike just because he played their last year (not that it matters too much) but also low key has really good size for it and he;'s semi transitioning to LBer still. There's untapped potential there. But I do agree, he's sort of a play it safe kind of player, in the right position, doesn't blow people up..Foster really would have been an amazing Will..sad. 

Just now, Forge said:

If you want a better playmaker at WILL, then signing Mosely makes zero sense. I know Warner wasn't making splash plays all over the field last year, but who was? It was a historically-bad impact, play-making defense. Who we sign will tell us a lot about how Warner will be used this season.

Archived