Which AFCS QB would you take?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFCS QB would you take?

• Luck
    • Bortles
    • Mariota
    • Watson

40 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

When you leave out 66% of the data and only draw comparisons to a players worst stretch and a players best stretch, you are spewing BS. Why not look look at the whole picture of their career? Awfully convenient to twist the stats in your favor. He also fails to pay any recognition to the context of Marcus' year so far. As for the other poster, to claim we got lucky we won because of one penalty is comical. Bortles had the entire game to score more than 6 points. He was incapable. On the other hand, Marcus was not against an even better defense.

Why would we be taking data of multiple years ago when comparing how to rank QB's right now? Bortles was garbage his first couple years in the league. We all know this. That has zero impact on where we are or he is today. First few years we used him as a gunslinging QB that had to do everything himself and was under one of the worst HC's of all time in win %.

Last season, the Jaguars finished 6th in points per game. Even when you take out the scores from the defense, we were still top 10 if I remember right from previous posts from pwny. That clearly wasn't the same offense as it was under the previous regime thanks to good coaching, improved mechnics, and smarter decisions by none other than Blake Bortles.

I'm not making the argument about you being "lucky you won". You beat us. You have the last three matchups. You clearly are superior in head to head matchups/are a bad matchup for this team. Doesn't mean you are a more talented team/better than us overall though in my PERSONAL opinion. I sure as hell like our chances more of beating the top competition in the AFC/in big games than you until you prove otherwise/make it farther than us. Both can be true. But I definitely respect you guys as a team either way, you play good, smashmouth football and beat us with how we want to play.

Again, leaving out the context and that's my entire point with the box score scouting and just looking at the passer rating. He played an entire game with half of his fingers numb and a hand that couldn't grip the ball and still won. The time he's played so far without the numbness/gripping issue? He's played very well. The thread is not asking who has been the best over the last 15-20 games. It's asking which AFCS QB would you take. Watson hasn't even played in 15 games yet so you can't even draw that comparison. You guys cherry pick stats because it's convenient for you, just so happens I'm exposing your BS. The reality is that throughout the entirety of their careers, Marcus has a higher completion percentage, higher TD percentage, lower INT percentage, higher QB rating, higher winning percentage, more yards per attempt and completion, more rushing TD's, more game winning drives, and is perfect in the redzone.

You act like I just box score scout and everyone else does too. That's not the case. It's just an easy way to relay the information of how Mariota has been. Doesn't mean I or other (pwny may and co., but doesn't mean everyone does) think that he is legit one of the worst QB's in the league. But he clearly hasn't been great this past year and a half. He also has serious injury problems as you just mentioned in the above.

Bortles played all of last year with a wrist injury that affected him and didn't get surgery until this offseason. Guess what? Players get injuries. Bortles still had a solid leap in play last year while having that injury and has continued that surge in play late last season/playoffs into this season for the most part. 

As for the shrinking, I was talking about our matchup. Your whole team shrinks, and we expose you. And no Blake didn't have a, "down" game, he got spanked and couldn't do anything about it except take his lumps - just like last season. And btw, your defense did shrink in the playoffs last year, Blake stepped up, but your defense was royal garbage. Same can be said about our team. Marcus played just as well as Bortles against New England, but the defense let us down and the rushing attack was lackluster.

You beat us by 3 points last Sunday. GTFO with this. Did our offense not play up to their ability? Your damn right. Did our defense get "exposed"? No, you scored 9 freaking points. Was there some impressive runs by Mariota that iced the game on our D? Sure. But they didn't get "exposed". Mariota is just a talented running QB and if you lose contain he can hurt you. It happens.

We played PIT with Roethlisberger and a slew of weapons and Tom Brady at their houses. I think it's fair to expect them to get theirs. It's one of the younger units with a ton of inexperience with most of them having their first playoff appearences of their career. I think you need to slow your roll a bit here.

Not to mention that was definitely more on Todd Wash and his "bend but don't break" playcalling than the players. It was laxed coveraged after we got up and both sides of the ball went conservative because they thought they had it won.

Check your reading comprehension dude it's seriously atrocious. I never said I didn't want to make that argument. I said, "no where have I made the case that because Marcus is better than Blake head to head it automatically makes him a better QB." Claiming someone is better strictly based on head to head matchups would be a stupid and ridiculous argument to make. However, it does add to Mariota's case who is clearly better head to head. And again no, I haven't based my arguments strictly on our matchups. Go read it again. In my first post in this thread I mentioned one thing regarding our matchup, everything else in that post highlighted Marcus' play over the course of his career. My second and third posts were responses to a Jags poster who brought the focus to our head to head matchup, so you can thank him for that. Also yes, there is a rhyme and reason you play bad against us. That **** isn't just random. It's because Marcus makes clutch plays while Bortles doesn't, your OC doesn't trust Bortles to beat us and tries to hide him behind the rushing attack and dinking and dunking (can't blame him he's 56/102 with 1 TD and 4 INT's against us in his last 3 games), and our defense forces Bortles in to playing like garbage. Don't chalk it up to, "no rhyme or reason" when you and I both know that's ridiculous. This, along with the, "you got lucky" card, and cherry picking stats to skew arguments in your favor is what I mean by spewing BS.

You are clearly basing him "shrinking" against you guys as a point towards Mariota. I never said that was your whole argument against Blake. I said you are clearly making the comparison and using that as a reason why he's superior. I think that's a pretty awful argument if you're using that as any decently sized reason as to why you believe that. Go look at any QB in the NFL and I'm sure there's a team or two that they're #'s are down against. It happens.

Our OC looked to have trusted Blake when we had him throw 50 times a couple weeks ago in an absolute beatdown in NE, and after getting to a large lead continued pouring it on. He looked to have trusted him this week when Blake went for a career high in yards and had a passer rating of 114 and 76% completion rate in nearly 40 passes as well.

You act like because last year, the first year with Marrone/Hackett as the HC/OC, after years of Blake being turnover prone, it's crazy that they aren't wanting him to throw 40-50 times a game and lean on him when we had the best defense in the league. Like, is it really THAT hard to comprehend this? When you have that type of defense and you play offense the way Marrone/Hackett wanted to and preached (smashmouth football with our top pick being a RB last draft), that's how it goes. Not to mention just because the OC/HC go conservative in a big game doesn't mean that means Blake can't handle stepping up and making plays when he needs to, he did it plenty of times last year and in the playoffs and has continue doing it this year. That's just what they decided to do. Hardly the first time a coaching duo has went conservative/not put it all in a guys hands and end up falling hard because of it. Blake had a 63% completion, 1/0 TD ratio, and a 98.5 rating in that NE game. That was just a bad coaching moment, and the fact you're putting that on Blake is pretty crazy tbh.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You clearly are superior in head to head matchups/are a bad matchup for this team. Doesn't mean you are a more talented team/better than us overall though.

Stopped reading after this lmao. 3-0 in the last 3 games but we aren’t better. #logic

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Stopped reading after this lmao. 3-0 in the last 3 games but we aren’t better. #logic

All about matchups.

Ask pretty much anyone who they think is more likely to be there at the end of the season/take on the Patriots in the playoffs and if they think the Titans or Jaguars have a better shot. You can be superior in head to head matchup based on playstyle/the way you play us and not be a superior team in the grand scheme of things. 

You lost the division WHILE beating us both times last year, AND we went farther in the playoffs while giving Brady all he had in Foxborough the week after you guys got beat 14-35*. Until you win the division/make any substantial push in the playoffs, why should I put you ahead of us? Does anyone (that isn't a Titans fan) have you above us?

Also, if that makes you not want to read/reply to the rest of the post...that's all I needed to hear/see. Good day.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

All about matchups.

Ask pretty much anyone who they think is more likely to be there at the end of the season/take on the Patriots in the playoffs and if they think the Titans or Jaguars have a better shot. You can be superior in head to head matchup based on playstyle/the way you play us and not be a superior team in the grand scheme of things. 

You lost the division WHILE beating us both times last year, AND we went farther in the playoffs while giving Brady all he had in Foxborough the week after you guys got beat 14-35*. Until you win the division/make any substantial push in the playoffs, why should I put you ahead of us? Does anyone (that isn't a Titans fan) have you above us?

Also, if that makes you not want to read/reply to the rest of the post...that's all I needed to hear/see. Good day.

I don’t waste my time with the illogic. But go on with being better than us when your 0-3 in our last 3 contests and playing bad in said contests with, “no rhyme or reason.” 

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I don’t waste my time with the illogic. But go on with being better than us when your 0-3 in our last 3 contests and playing bad in said matchups with, “no rhyme or reason.” 

The fact you want to pump your chest out so far  and fight til the bitter end about who is better is telling enough to me.

. If you want this win here thinking the Titans are the better overall team, I'm not going to fight you. It's clearly important to you.

Just watch most if not everyone else that isn't a Jaguar fan bark the same sentiments as well. But they're all just crazy illogical people that are "haters" too.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

The fact you want to pump your chest out so far  and fight til the bitter end about who is better is telling enough to me.

. If you want this win here thinking the Titans are the better overall team, I'm not going to fight you. It's clearly important to you.

Just watch most if not everyone else that isn't a Jaguar fan bark the same sentiments as well. But they're all just crazy illogical people that are "haters" too.

0-3 > 3-0 in your mind is also telling enough to me.

14 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't consider most of those as I don't expect much from non-AFC South fans. They just look at stats to evaluate QBs and if you do that you're obviously going to hate Mariota. I expect a bit better from AFCS fans though.

No one watches the Titans outside of Titans fans and generally AFC South fans. Hell if you asked the national media who the Titans played in week 3 and what the score was they probably wouldn't be able to answer you. No one talked about the win over the Jags. Hell power rankings were leaving the Jags in place and some keeping the Titans in the same spot or even moving them down. Game didn't count or something I guess. If no one watched the Titans/Jags game, did it really even happen?

I'll remember this if you ever have an opinion on Brady ;)

Archived