Which AFCS QB would you take?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFCS QB would you take?

• Luck
    • Bortles
    • Mariota
    • Watson

47 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Lol I’m the one on drugs yet your the one that thinks Bortles was going to score when he could only muster 6 points on 10 possessions. Quit blowing smoke out of your ***. It’s plain and simple - your OC doesn’t trust Bortles against our defense because he knows we eat his lunch, not because he’s, “a lil dumb *****.” He knows Bortles can’t get the job done against us which is why the ground game is always turned to and he does his best to hide Bortles by dinking and dunking his way down the field.

You scored 9 points last week and 15 last year in the final game of the season.

Let's pump the breaks on talking about Mariota "owning us". Think it's more about our offense not being able to muster up much of anything against you guys for some odd reason. Mariota has def played solid against us, but you making the argument that because he plays well against us/Blake plays bad against you guys so in theory that means Mariota is better is a pretty awful argument. Guys have their teams they play well against/team they struggled against. 

Y'all go ahead and enjoy the highlights of your teams season beating us in the regular season though.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

You scored 9 points last week and 15 last year in the final game of the season.

Let's pump the breaks on talking about Mariota "owning us". Think it's more about our offense not being able to muster up much of anything against you guys for some odd reason. Mariota has def played solid against us, but you making the argument that because he plays well against us/Blake plays bad against you guys so in theory that means Mariota is better is a pretty awful argument. Guys have their teams they play well against/team they struggled against. 

Y'all go ahead and enjoy the highlights of your teams season beating us in the regular season though.

That’s not my argument, and no where have I made the case that because Marcus is better than Blake head to head it automatically makes him a better QB, even though he is and the voters agree with me. But if you want to twist it go ahead, I’ll just keep calling out the BS you Jag posters like to spew. You can thank your boy for bringing up the head to head stats, all I did was reply to him.

And it is not for, “some odd reason” your offense can’t muster anything up against us. It’s because your offense gets exposed and shut down. Your OC shrinks, Blake shrinks, and when it matters most your defense shrinks. 

As for Marcus owning you, it’s as much to do with the defense as it is him making clutch plays when it matters most. The bottom line is, your defense is widely recognized for being much better than ours and Marcus continuously gets the better of it in clutch moments. Bortles faces a worse defense and can’t come up with the winning plays like Marcus can and he is the one who faces the tougher challenge. 

18 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That’s not my argument, and no where have I made the case that because Marcus is better than Blake head to head it automatically makes him a better QB, even though he is and the voters agree with me. But if you want to twist it go ahead, I’ll just keep calling out the BS you guys spew like I have the other Jag posters. You can thank your boy for bringing up the head to head stats, all I did was reply to him.

And it is not for, “some odd reason” your offense can’t get muster anything up against us. It’s because your offense gets exposed and shut down. Your OC shrinks, Blake shrinks, and when it matters most your defense shrinks. 

As for Marcus owning you, it’s as much to do with the defense as it is him making clutch plays when it matters most. The bottom line is, your defense is widely recognized for being much better than ours and Marcus continuously gets the better of it in clutch moments. Bortles faces a worse defense and can’t come up with the winning plays like Marcus can and he is the one who faces the tougher challenge. 

BS we spew? Nothing pwny is saying is false. The guy is literally posting a chart that shows what Blake has done in his last what, 16-18 matchups? What is not correct about statistical evidence that shows how he's played?

You have someone from your forum putting the dude with the likes of Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, and co. and in the top 15 of QB's in the league when the guy hasn't done anything and was statistically a very below average QB in his most recent full-season and has kept up that similar trajectory this year whether you want to own up to that or not. Will he improve? Will he regress even more? Who the hell knows. I don't see anywhere where pwny said that to be the case. But over the last 15-20+ games for Marcus, he has not been good. That's what this thread is asking. Over the last same amount of games, Blake has been largely better. As far as everyone in here recognizing Marcus is better, I'm not sure how you're coming up with that. I see most people that aren't Titans fans are either putting them in the same tier or saying they're pretty much in the same ball-field.

You talk about "shrinking", yet we made it to the AFCCG and this team put up 40+ points in the divisional matchup against the widely regarded 2nd best team in the AFC in the Steelers last year to put it on ice even with Big Ben's attempt at a ridiculous comeback at their house. We went toe to toe with the team that knocked you out in the divisional round in the Patriots, and we stomped their *** this year a couple weeks ago with Blake having one of his best games in his career and followed that up with getting a career high in yards and a 76% cpl this week after having a down game last week.

If you want to make this out to be a Titans/Jaguars argument between the two QB's in who steps up and doesn't in strictly our matchup (which you say you don't want to do even though you keep bringing up our Blake/OC shrink against you guys), go ahead and do it. No argument here, we've played bad against you guys. No rhyme or reason, but last year we beat the Steelers (who I definitely think was better than you guys) in both matchups and beat NE this year and went toe to toe with them last year AT their house in January. We're a top team and have shown that since the beginning of last year. Teams have bad matchups, you are one of our's. It's unfortunate, but you sure as hell are making most of your arguments strictly based on our matchups. Blake has stepped up in big situations and on primetime time and time against since last year. Has he had his duds? Sure. But again, a whole hell of a lot of QB's do that are much better than Bortles. It happens.

Talking about shrinking when you beat us both times last year and STILL lost the division. Beat an Andy Reid playoff team (whoop-whoop), and got thrashed against the Pats.

Don't talk about shrinking when the epitome of the Titans was that last year. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Luck is being objectively outplayed this year by at least Deshaun Watson.

Objectively outplaying him by throwing at a lower completion percentage for fewer touchdowns and more interceptions? Their stats are neck and neck at this point. To act like Watson is playing at a level above Luck is laughable.

This thread reminds me of the good times of the 2016 Carr vs Mariota thread. "There's no way Carr and Mariota are in the same tier". "Carr is elite or close to it." "You're underselling both of them."

I've apparently went from underselling MAriota to overselling him I guess. Was largely Raider fans that were proven to be completely wrong and me completely right. Dunno if it's any sweeter or not that it'll be Jags fans this time around.

One thing I will say about Marcus, ain't gonna matter what tier he's on if he doesn't stop pulling, tearing or breaking something everytime he steps on a field.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

This thread reminds me of the good times of the 2016 Carr vs Mariota thread. "There's no way Carr and Mariota are in the same tier". "Carr is elite or close to it." "You're underselling both of them."

I've apparently went from underselling MAriota to overselling him I guess. Was largely Raider fans that were proven to be completely wrong and me completely right. Dunno if it's any sweeter or not that it'll be Jags fans this time around.

One thing I will say about Marcus, ain't gonna matter what tier he's on if he doesn't stop pulling, tearing or breaking something everytime he steps on a field.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, iknowcool said:

1. Luck

2. Watson

3. Bortles

4. Mariota (really it is interchangeable between Bortles and Mariota; jury still out on Watson)

On 9/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

Do Titans fans realize how little the NFL community at large thinks of Mariota at this point? That he’s bottom five statistically the last few years?

Its kind of amazing that they don’t just disagree with how Mariota is received, but seem shocked.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Really between Watson and Luck here. Luck is clearly more established but still has to prove himself after the shoulder issues. Watson had a hot start but hasn’t looked quite the same so far behind an atrocious OL. There’s risk with both but they’re the top 2 IMO. 

After that, I’m honestly comfortable taking Bortles over Mariota. Neither are very consistent QBs, but Bortles gives me more durability and similar ability with his legs. 

On 9/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, James said:

I'm definitely taking Luck. I never know how to feel about Bortles, for now I'd probably have him last, but Mariota's upside window is winding down, and Watson is all upside at this point (though he looks like he's getting back towards his rookie form).

Mariota reminds me of...(pause for dramatic effect, and to give me time to shield myself from the inevitable response to this comparison)... a better Tebow. Like he'll make a bunch of ??? throws throughout the first two quarters, but then he'll manage to lead a TD drive going into halftime. Then he'll be bad again in the second half, only to find a couple more drives at the end of the game to get back into the game. The biggest difference from Timmy being that when he's good, he actually looks like a QB.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:09 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Luck #1 for sure. I am confident he returns to 100%.

The other 3 are pretty interchangeable to me at this point. Bortles and MM I'm not sure what to think, some games thew show you exactly why they were top 5 picks, other games you question if they are worth investing in. For Watson it is still too early, need to see a bit more. MM was pretty great today vs the Eagles, but was garbage to start the year. Bortles had a stinker in the slopfest against the Giants, but then plain outplayed Brady the next week.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:07 PM, seminoles1 said:

Whatever tier system you want to use, they are at least 1 tier above Mariota.

21 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Bortles is 100% in the same tier as Mariota.

10 hours ago, tom cody said:

Bit biased but:

1. Luck

2. Watson

3. Bortles

4. Mariota

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Luck

Watson

Mariota

Bortles

Sorry Titan fans, but Marcus is gash. 

Yeah, it's definitely just the Jaguars fans that aren't super high on Mariota. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, it's definitely just the Jaguars fans that aren't super high on Mariota. 

I don't consider most of those as I don't expect much from non-AFC South fans. They just look at stats to evaluate QBs and if you do that you're obviously going to hate Mariota. I expect a bit better from AFCS fans though.

No one watches the Titans outside of Titans fans and generally AFC South fans. Hell if you asked the national media who the Titans played in week 3 and what the score was they probably wouldn't be able to answer you. No one talked about the win over the Jags. Hell power rankings were leaving the Jags in place and some keeping the Titans in the same spot or even moving them down. Game didn't count or something I guess. If no one watched the Titans/Jags game, did it really even happen?

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't consider most of those as I don't expect much from non-AFC South fans. They just look at stats to evaluate QBs and if you do that you're obviously going to hate Mariota. I expect a bit better from AFCS fans though.

No one watches the Titans outside of Titans fans and generally AFC South fans. Hell if you asked the national media who the Titans played in week 3 and what the score was they probably wouldn't be able to answer you. No one talked about the win over the Jags. Hell power rankings were leaving the Jags in place and some keeping the Titans in the same spot or even moving them down. Game didn't count or something I guess. If no one watched the Titans/Jags game, did it really even happen?

You're not wrong, I sometimes forget the Titans are even in the league.  

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

WXFwlQq.gif

Archived