patriotsheatyan

Which AFCS QB would you take?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFCS QB would you take?

• Luck
    • Bortles
    • Mariota
    • Watson

Really between Watson and Luck here. Luck is clearly more established but still has to prove himself after the shoulder issues. Watson had a hot start but hasn’t looked quite the same so far behind an atrocious OL. There’s risk with both but they’re the top 2 IMO. 

After that, I’m honestly comfortable taking Bortles over Mariota. Neither are very consistent QBs, but Bortles gives me more durability and similar ability with his legs. 

I'm definitely taking Luck. I never know how to feel about Bortles, for now I'd probably have him last, but Mariota's upside window is winding down, and Watson is all upside at this point (though he looks like he's getting back towards his rookie form).

Mariota reminds me of...(pause for dramatic effect, and to give me time to shield myself from the inevitable response to this comparison)... a better Tebow. Like he'll make a bunch of ??? throws throughout the first two quarters, but then he'll manage to lead a TD drive going into halftime. Then he'll be bad again in the second half, only to find a couple more drives at the end of the game to get back into the game. The biggest difference from Timmy being that when he's good, he actually looks like a QB.

Luck #1 for sure. I am confident he returns to 100%.

The other 3 are pretty interchangeable to me at this point. Bortles and MM I'm not sure what to think, some games thew show you exactly why they were top 5 picks, other games you question if they are worth investing in. For Watson it is still too early, need to see a bit more. MM was pretty great today vs the Eagles, but was garbage to start the year. Bortles had a stinker in the slopfest against the Giants, but then plain outplayed Brady the next week.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

One of these sets is Mariota's 2017 stats. The other is his 2.5 games this year in what they would look like if it was 15 games.

ds6c1S3.png

He's clearly the worst of the group, and by a wide margin.

He still has an aura around him as if he has large potential/has a lot of room to develop and I don't get it.

Yet here we are with Blake and I go into forums and prior to the game they still talk like he's some turnover machine that can't hit the broadside of a barn.

It's weird man, it really is.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

One of these sets is Mariota's 2017 stats. The other is his 2.5 games this year in what they would look like if it was 15 games.

ds6c1S3.png

He's clearly the worst of the group, and by a wide margin.

weird how if you extrapolate 2 and a half games selected from a portion where he had no feeling in his throwing arm he looks pretty bad. like jesus dude i don't know if he's gonna have a good year or not but you can't be serious with this lol

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yet here we are with Blake and I go into forums and prior to the game they still talk like he's some turnover machine that can't hit the broadside of a barn.

he sure is every time we play!

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

weird how if you extrapolate 2 and a half games selected from a portion where he had no feeling in his throwing arm he looks pretty bad. like jesus dude i don't know if he's gonna have a good year or not but you can't be serious with this lol

I mean the point was he's literally the same QB he was last year despite everyone being told that it was all Mularkey's fault, but if he's going to have more excuses made for him, okay.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I think the point is that both sets of stats are bad, to the point that you can't really tell which is the 2.5 extrapolated just by looking at the two of them.

Archived