Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Caldwell is 63 and currently a consultant for the XFL.  I don t think the Glazers would go that route.  I kind of doubt the President route.  If they were going to appoint one, why wouldn t it already be done?  Give the new President time to evaluate the entire organization before the off-season starts.  If they hire a GM first, I m pretty confident it won t be a retread.  The only possible retread I could see with a GM named first would be Dan Campbell.

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Caldwell is 63 and currently a consultant for the XFL.  I don t think the Glazers would go that route.  I kind of doubt the President route.  If they were going to appoint one, why wouldn t it already be done?  Give the new President time to evaluate the entire organization before the off-season starts.  If they hire a GM first, I m pretty confident it won t be a retread.  The only possible retread I could see with a GM named first would be Dan Campbell.

I think both Dungy and Caldwell are both doubtful to be Bucs next year. But it's an option.

As for the president route. I dunno. I would think he'd come before the HC or GM. And I still don't really get the idea of having one other than essentially having two GMs. He'd just pick the GM and either be a voice to the GM or work with him. But I would guess he'd be a hire that comes before a coach or GM. Which we're not gonna do before Black Monday.

2 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

I like the idea of Chuck Pagano. Defensive coach as well. Just what we need in my opinion.

I dunno how I feel about it yet.

He'd have the fourth best winning percentage among active HCs if he returned to the NFL. But how much of that was Peyton? The sentiment is that Grigson was the problem after Peyton left. But who knows?

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno how I feel about it yet.

He'd have the fourth best winning percentage among active HCs if he returned to the NFL. But how much of that was Peyton? The sentiment is that Grigson was the problem after Peyton left. But who knows?

I don't think he was the HC with Peyton at the Colts.

I'm still 50/50 whether Koetter gets fired or not. I think he will but if we win our last 2 games, the Glazers might be reluctant to.

5 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

I don't think he was the HC with Peyton at the Colts.

I'm still 50/50 whether Koetter gets fired or not. I think he will but if we win our last 2 games, the Glazers might be reluctant to.

The only way Koetter survives is if they make the decision to move on from Winston.  They have been together for 4 yrs.  Either the Glazers believe in Koetter s offense that much, it is time to get another QB  to take it to another level.  Or it s time to give the QB a different voice and offense to see if he can elevate his level.  

I just can t see status quo this time, but I could be wrong.

Archived