Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

32 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Unless Cleveland promotes him to Assistant HC/OC im pretty sure they have to let him walk right?

Kind of surprised no one else in the league besides Cleveland is interviewing Williams and Kitchens for HC positions.  They both maybe on expiring contracts like most Bucs assistants, so it may be easier to get them on another staff.  Also, I wonder how enthusied eirher guy would be staying on if bypassed by Dorsey.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Kind of surprised no one else in the league besides Cleveland is interviewing Williams and Kitchens for HC positions.  They both maybe on expiring contracts like most Bucs assistants, so it may be easier to get them on another staff.  Also, I wonder how enthusied eirher guy would be staying on if bypassed by Dorsey.

Depends on what, if any, offers they get. If nobody else makes them an offer, I can't imagine they'll stiff Cleveland and sit out a year.

42 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

It really is a crapshoot. To me it’s all about the coordinators for Arians. We need a true “CEO” type HC to just come in here and manage the team. Arians would do that and bring a winning background. The unique thing is he’s the one retread who was never fired due to poor coaching performance. Kitchens would be a real interesting name for OC. I don’t think Bowles is set in stone as DC.

I'm fine with a Jason Garrett type HC; a guy that runs the team and let's his coordinators do their thing.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Depends on what, if any, offers they get. If nobody else makes them an offer, I can't imagine they'll stiff Cleveland and sit out a year.

No they won t sit out, but how much loyalty would they have staying on as coordinators with a franchise that bypassed them for promotion. I have little doubt both guys will have chances to be coordinators besides Cleveland.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

If the Bucs publically announce Airans is interviewing for the HC job, just a matter of when the introductory press conference will be.  The entire league is lining up guys left and right, the Bucs one very qualified minority candidate.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

No they won t sit out, but how much loyalty would they have staying on as coordinators with a franchise that bypassed them for promotion. I have little doubt both guys will have chances to be coordinators besides Cleveland.

If nothing else, they'll be hot(ter) commodities next year with another year similar to (or better than) this year.

Kind of a win win situation.

Archived