Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

45 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Kitchens is staying in Cleveland.

Few things. If he was interviewing for HC could they deny that? (Not that I want him as HC.) If the answer is no have him come on as assistant HC and they couldn’t block it.

Second, you expect whoever is hired in Cleveland to be forced to keep an OC from the previous regime and run his scheme? I mean if Kitchens wanted to do that then ok but doesn’t sounds like a winning formula.

55 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Kitchens is staying in Cleveland.

It s interesting that Goodwin had the title of OC in Arizona, not Kitchens   Arians was the play caller.   I don t think Goodwin coached last season.  I m not sure Leftwich is ready to be an OC, even though he took over on an interim basis.

I think Cleveland right now is leaving the door open to bring some or all the band back.  It would be unusual for an offensive minded HC to inherit an OC.  

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder of Cleveland beat us to Arians and he said he would wanna keep Kitchens.

It s possible, whoever hires Arians is pretty much  going to come out with the announcement that he is being hired.  Guys like Arians and the Harbaughs, we won t hear about a scheduled interview on a Saturday.  Their too high profile.

I don t know if I should read too much that the Bucs were the first team to interview Bieniemy. I m not buying the Brian Kelly rumors.  

I think the next HC of the Bucs is going to be Arians or one of the three coordinators.  I don t see them expanding tje search further.  It s not like this search began on Monday.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder of Cleveland beat us to Arians and he said he would wanna keep Kitchens.

Interesting thought. I think Cleveland at this point just doesn’t want to lose Kitchens before seeing how the HC search plays out. Then based on who is hired he can decide to keep him or not. I’d agree that if an offensive coach like McCarthy is hired I’d find it hard to believe that Kitchens is kept. They guy wants to either be a HC or at minimum call plays as an OC. Can’t imagine he’d be happy being forced to stay. 

If we indeed didn’t get Arians I think Bieniemy is my #2 at this point with Richard #3. Toughness is a big point of emphasis and part of why I had Richard ahead of Bieniemy for a while. However, in reading more about Bieniemy, I have no doubt this team would be tough and we’d have an offensive mind that at the very least wouldn’t make the offense conservative. Hopefully he’d find a good coordinator for the defense.

3 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Does Bieniemy bring in Hunt?

I’d think Licht would have to sign off on that and idk if with the mixed emotions this fan base still gives to Jameis if that would be the best idea. No idea if he’d try or not, but from a pure talent standpoint I’d take a flier on Hunt over giving LeVeon $15 mil per.

Archived