Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

It's crazy how far he fell out of favor in just one year.

Well, he worked under Shanny and McVay got everyone s attention.  First year play caller in the NFL, Titans offense not very imaginative.  Still time to get better.  I thought I read he wasn t even the first choice of Vrabel for OC.  That doesn t mean much just thought it was interesting.

31 minutes ago, howru8888 said:

If they're committed to Jameis why not consider the guy who he's had the  most success with? Jimbo Fisher?

Jimbo just finished year 1 of a 10 yr contract worth 75 million.  Not only would the Bucs have to a lot higher on average yearly salary, but I m sure the buyout is ridiculously high, I m guessing well north of 20 million.  

The Glazers realistically would have to spend a minimum of 70 milion over the next 5 yrs to land Jimbo.  Pretty steep price.

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

People can say what they want about how Tampa is the least attractive opening, but this now makes 2 coaches who declined interviews with the Cardinals, the other being McCarthy.

cant say that I blame him I mean they just fired a guy in his first year. 

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

People can say what they want about how Tampa is the least attractive opening, but this now makes 2 coaches who declined interviews with the Cardinals, the other being McCarthy.

I think that's always been bs thinking. I mean I've heard it before but there are too many pluses that would make it a bad job. Weather, taxes, cap space is always solid, always have high draft picks, owners don't meddle.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Jimbo just finished year 1 of a 10 yr contract worth 75 million.  Not only would the Bucs have to a lot higher on average yearly salary, but I m sure the buyout is ridiculously high, I m guessing well north of 20 million.  

The Glazers realistically would have to spend a minimum of 70 milion over the next 5 yrs to land Jimbo.  Pretty steep price.

There is no buyout in his contract. The contract itself is pretty insane

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dom the man...  lmao  I was just listening to his little segment posted on twitter about Steve Wilks.  Interesting he brought himself up and how he still has 4 out of 5-1st round draft picks still playing in the league but he got fired :ph34r:

Archived