NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That part is fine. Walking around the court with his arm around CP3's shoulder for a couple minutes was the questionable thing to do.

I'll give LeBron a pass just because it was Chris Paul he was doing it with.  Paul is the Godfather to LeBron's son, so it's essentially family.  His bond with Paul is way more substantial and deeper than it is with any of his brand new teammates.  If it was anyone else other than maybe Dwyane Wade, then I would question it.

21 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Does Jokic drop more than 20 points tonight?

ill take your answer off the air.

Draymond has issues with Jokic tbh so my answer is big yes 

There's just context to referring to Portland as the third seed when typically that is a top tier team but they were clearly a mid tier team last year. It doesn't matter tho. Lakers will be fine, I expected a slow start. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Draymond has issues with Jokic tbh so my answer is big yes 

There's just context to referring to Portland as the third seed when typically that is a top tier team but they were clearly a mid tier team last year. It doesn't matter tho. Lakers will be fine, I expected a slow start. 

Thank you

4 hours ago, showtime said:

It's really not a big deal.  The Lakers played the #1 and #3 seed from last season. 

The big deal is that what a lot of people thought would happen is already happening, the Lakers can't shoot to save their lives and don't play defense. Luke Walton is in over his head with this team. Although it's only two games in the Lakers are 27th in PPG allowed (126.0) and 30th in both 3-point FG made and 3-point FG %. Through the first two games, your starters are 4/24 from beyond the arc, that's not going to get it done in the Western Conference. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I'll give LeBron a pass just because it was Chris Paul he was doing it with.  Paul is the Godfather to LeBron's son, so it's essentially family.  His bond with Paul is way more substantial and deeper than it is with any of his brand new teammates.  If it was anyone else other than maybe Dwyane Wade, then I would question it.

LeBron is in Los Angeles to further his career off the court, not to win basketball games. He has basically accepted he can't beat the Warriors again and came to Los Angeles to focus on his off the court ventures and ensure his sons can play at for elite HS basketball program. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron is in Los Angeles to further his career off the court, not to win basketball games. He has basically accepted he can't beat the Warriors again and came to Los Angeles to focus on his off the court ventures and ensure his sons can play at for elite HS basketball program. 

So he doesn't care about winning anymore?

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

So he doesn't care about winning anymore?

It doesn't appear so, no. If he really wanted to win he would've gone somewhere with a legitimate chance at beating GS this year, the Lakers are a fringe playoff team. IIRC, he himself has said his decision to sign with the Lakers was about more than basketball. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It doesn't appear so, no. If he really wanted to win he would've gone somewhere with a legitimate chance at beating GS this year, the Lakers are a fringe playoff team. IIRC, he himself has said his decision to sign with the Lakers was about more than basketball. 

Where could he have gone that has a legitimate chance of beating Golden State this year?  Their team is absolutely stacked this year and they're also getting DeMarcus Cousins back later. 

Also, everyone knows the Lakers aren't going to win this year, but next off-season is where big things can happen.  LeBron is already in place, so possibly getting someone like Kawhi Leonard or Anthony Davis could happen.  Plus, that is also the year Golden State could be a weaker team with both Klay and Durant hitting free agency.

It's pretty silly to say that he doesn't want to win anymore.