Eifert’s Future

Johnny Nix

I thought they should have moved on last year. 

Counting on someone like him really hurts when he goes down every single year. 

I'd try to find someone in the draft. I think uzomah and kroft are a good enough duo if they can't find someone. 

I'm not going to be upset if we don't move on, but he has to be te3 or te4 in the game plan. I'd like to see if max schreck is an NFL player. I think Uzomah is the better blocker and more dynamic than  Kroft so hes the only guy I keep for sure. This season seems like a  tryout for the other guys. We could need to bring in two tes for next year whether we resign eifert or not.

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If we resign Eifert, it better be for something much smaller in price and in our plans as a 4th TE.

while I can agree with that logic.

You sign him to that small contract and say hes going to be the 4th TE.

Then in camp he's obviously the best and most dynamic TE so they have to start him. They can't just say well he's the best for sure but he will probably get hurt so lets just not play him....can they?

I really like Tyler and genuinely feel bad for him when he gets hurt every single year...but I honestly think it may just be time to move on.

just a crappy situation

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

while I can agree with that logic.

You sign him to that small contract and say hes going to be the 4th TE.

Then in camp he's obviously the best and most dynamic TE so they have to start him. They can't just say well he's the best for sure but he will probably get hurt so lets just not play him....can they?

I really like Tyler and genuinely feel bad for him when he gets hurt every single year...but I honestly think it may just be time to move on.

just a crappy situation

You sign him and start him if he is healthy, but you have a plan 1A ready for when he gets hurt.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

You sign him and start him if he is healthy, but you have a plan 1A ready for when he gets hurt.

Agreed, and I think Uzomah is actually good enough to be that 1A. Haven't really paid attention to his blocking but he does good things with the ball. Loved that play where we motioned Mixon out like we were targeting him in the flat then dropped a TE screen on the opposite side of the field.

Archived