Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

A lot of analysts all noticing "quit" in the players yesterday. Something's up. Duke Johnson and Myles Garrett left as they opened the doors to the media. 

My personal opinion is it's because of the officiating. Kirksey, Larry and a few others all complained about it to the media. I think they're finally fed up with getting screwed over. It's a shame because it's obviously rigged calls. I've NEVER seen a false start blown like that EVER. If I was a player I'd be throwing stuff in the locker room while they try to interview me. 

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The Haley/Hue offense is weird as heck too, as they seem to be sticking to the "at least two go routes per play" strategy of old despite not really having the personnel for it. And they seem to be intentionally avoiding scheming touches for our most threatening players.

Looks mainly like Hueball's idea of offense.

19 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

A lot of analysts all noticing "quit" in the players yesterday. Something's up.

I think it is more likely that they are noticing that they are being setup for failure.

That is the most demoralizing feeling one can have.

I’ll say it again. Like I’ve been saying all year. Outside of a few splash plays that keeps him his job. Jamie Collins is a liability on defense. 

Ogbah is an average DE and an above average back DE 

Coley should be replaced. And believe it or not I’d take Meder back to start over him. 

We need a **** ton of depth at DL. Good thing this a DL Heavy draft. 

Our WR unit is hot garbage right now. We need to stop trying to lie to ourselves and stick to what players are good at. Landry is a slot WR. Let him work the slot and stop trying to make him into a X outside. 

At this point I think we need to sign Matthews and maybe one more guy till Higgins comes back. And sign a FB and start Running the ball like it’s goddamn 1960. Chubb and Hyde all day. 

Id also seriously think about trading Ogbah,Duke, and Collins. I know I know not Duke but If were not going to properly use him atleast go out and get someone you are. Maybe we can do a Duke for Tyler Lockett swap. Idk 

gregg Williams and Todd Haley are incapable of making in game changes  seriously wtf ? You can’t see what your doing is not ******* working and change it  I mean gregg Rivers is the best QB vs the blitz don’t keep sending the ******* blitz  you play Randall 20 yards off the ball but then have him taking the under route instead of the streaking Tyrell Williams  I don’t get it  I can’t wait till we replce everyone on this’s staff 

last weeks game really opened up some eyes hopefully some heads will roll. 

21 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

A lot of analysts all noticing "quit" in the players yesterday. Something's up. Duke Johnson and Myles Garrett left as they opened the doors to the media. 

My personal opinion is it's because of the officiating. Kirksey, Larry and a few others all complained about it to the media. I think they're finally fed up with getting screwed over. It's a shame because it's obviously rigged calls. I've NEVER seen a false start blown like that EVER. If I was a player I'd be throwing stuff in the locker room while they try to interview me. 

I get it must be frustrating, but had the players played to the whistle it may not have mattered.

I’m not saying they’re wrong to dislike the calls, I’m saying when you’re making millions of dollars per year to play a game, IDGAF about some calls, play with some goddam effort.

The refs missed the call, for sure, but they didn’t throw picks, drop passes, tackle poorly, block poorly, etc. 

That play was squarely on the refs, but they lost that game all on their own.  Some of those dudes should be ashamed to cash their paychecks imo.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it must be frustrating, but had the players played to the whistle it may not have mattered.

I’m not saying they’re wrong to dislike the calls, I’m saying when you’re making millions of dollars per year to play a game, IDGAF about some calls, play with some goddam effort.

The refs missed the call, for sure, but they didn’t throw picks, drop passes, tackle poorly, block poorly, etc. 

That play was squarely on the refs, but they lost that game all on their own.  Some of those dudes should be ashamed to cash their paychecks imo.

This is a best athletes league not the best football players or the most passionate football players. Yeah they want to keep their jobs because of the pay but not all of them are going to really care about results, at least not as many as you would think. When the game is out of hand as this one seems to have been you are going to lose some people. It shouldn't happen but odds are those that stop giving effort are playing for the money more than the passion. The money is just too good in pro sports to pass up for those that don't love the game but have the ability. I really don't think anything will ever change.

I think the goal is to get as many players who are passionate about the game as you can but they aren't going to be honest so we need to start giving lie detector tests.

The bucs game will be huge in a number of ways. The bucs D is very bad. Even with a few injuries, we should be able to beat them.

players: several players are on the verge of being benched including Collins and Hubbard 

coaches: if we go into the bye at 2-4-1 I can see rumblings of coaching changes. 

Trades: it makes sense that Dorsey would wait until the bye week to make a significant trade. Do we need to trade for Reddick? Cooper? Who's going to man up and play football and who's going to go by the wayside?

should be an interesting few weeks!!!

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

This is a best athletes league not the best football players or the most passionate football players. Yeah they want to keep their jobs because of the pay but not all of them are going to really care about results, at least not as many as you would think. When the game is out of hand as this one seems to have been you are going to lose some people. It shouldn't happen but odds are those that stop giving effort are playing for the money more than the passion. The money is just too good in pro sports to pass up for those that don't love the game but have the ability. I really don't think anything will ever change.

I think the goal is to get as many players who are passionate about the game as you can but they aren't going to be honest so we need to start giving lie detector tests.

It’s not about loving the game, it’s about pride, self respect and a sense of competition.

I can’t imagine someone kicking my teeth in and just not caring.  

You cant control results, but you can at least control your effort.

It’s 3 hours, one day per week ffs.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not about loving the game, it’s about pride, self respect and a sense of competition.

I can’t imagine someone kicking my teeth in and just not caring.  

You cant control results, but you can at least control your effort.

It’s 3 hours, one day per week ffs.

Sure, but if your not passionate about football those things aren't that important. I'm sure we all played with or against guys like that and they liked the game enough to play without getting paid. If you don't love the game you probably don't care much how you are perceived playing it as long as you keep your job. Not everyone is competitive. Some players probably enjoy mingling before and after the game more than the game.

The average game has 11 minutes of actual play. We'll ignore special teams so that is 5.5 minutes of action for the offense and defense. You have to mentally be in the game much longer but 5.5 minutes of physical exertion. Too much to ask for their paycheck? No, I agree with you there is no reason to let up until the whistle blows. I don't care what the score is. Some guys just don't give 100% and that is because they don't care 100%. They are just physically superior to the guys that can be had that do give 100%.

3 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Jarvis snuck out early, too.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Looks mainly like Hueball's idea of offense.

It's non-stop Hue slander with you. NON. FRIGGIN. STOP.

Well the refs didn't call a false start, blame Hue. Baker hurt his ankle, blame Hue. Joseph made a FG, blame Hue.

3 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I won't argue we've gotten screwed badly by the refs in almost every game, but take that touchdown off the board and we still got absolutely destroyed. Unlike the Oakland game, that call hardly made a difference in the end. 

Archived