Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

14 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I won't argue we've gotten screwed badly by the refs in almost every game, but take that touchdown off the board and we still got absolutely destroyed. Unlike the Oakland game, that call hardly made a difference in the end. 

but that sequence of plays could change everything. Instead of going into halftime down 21-6 and deflated and upset because of the refs. They go into the half potentially stopping the chargers offense and head into halftime down 14-6, which is a one score game. Everything could have changed coming out of halftime. That play changes the entire emotion of the game 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

but that sequence of plays could change everything. Instead of going into halftime down 21-6 and deflated and upset because of the refs. They go into the half potentially stopping the chargers offense and head into halftime down 14-6, which is a one score game. Everything could have changed coming out of halftime. That play changes the entire emotion of the game 

I guess my point is while the no call impacted the score at the half, it didn’t have to deflate them and change the emotion of the game.

Show some damned resiliency, it was only a two score game.

I just saw a bunch of dudes feeling sorry af for themselves tbh.

19 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@TheeRealDeal I agree with your post about rotating guys in. Something needs to be done, but this just speaks to our need for more talented pass rushers. The great defensive fronts don't just rotate average DE's in, they're bringing in some playmakers who could be starting for other teams. We need that moving forward. It probably cannot be alleviated this season, but I expect it to be addressed in the offseason

Not one single team in the NFL, heck the entire history of the NFL has ever put a 3rd pass rusher on the field that was even 70% as good as their best pass rusher especially the team who have an elite pass rusher. 

Obviously the #3 is is not as good or else he would be a starter but that does mean you don't use him. Chris Smith was a productive #3 for a Jacksonville defense that many considered elite last season. Anthony Zettel was a productive starting DE in Detroit. Chad Thomas was a high 3rd round pick. We don't have an elite group of pass rushers but we have guys who can play at the NFL level and not be a total disaster. Anyone with half a football brain can tell you Chris Smith's snaps have been far better than Emmanual Ogbah's snaps this season so there is absolutely no reason for Chris Smith not being in the rotation.

Do we have a need to draft/sign a better pass rusher possibly even 2 guys? Hell yes, Is that a reason to not rotate the guys we have no so that our star DE can be more impactful on the plays he is in the game? Hell NO.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, bruceb said:

I like this, too.

Why? So you can completely turn on him and constantly rip him after his 1st loss? I have been around these boards a very long time and you are hands down the most negative poster in the history of the forum. I usually ignore your negative Nancy post but I just don't care this morning. Honestly I prefer the MC move of completely abandoning your team as opposed to the patented brucey constant complaining and negative attitude. Seriously though Baker Mayfield could come out slinging for 450 yards and 4 TDS and Nick Chubb runs for 150 and a TD and Browns win, but I 100% guarantee brucey would no doubt be complaining about something.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess my point is while the no call impacted the score at the half, it didn’t have to deflate them and change the emotion of the game.

Show some damned resiliency, it was only a two score game.

I just saw a bunch of dudes feeling sorry af for themselves tbh.

I understand that part but when it was that obvious of a penalty and it wasn’t called. Add that it was a major missed call yet again, it really hurt them. 

Just a feather into the fire hue hat. Players never quit under Hue. Well they quit during that 2nd half

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mayfield has let the team to comebacks from deficits before - the difference is that at those times there was fight in the dogs, this time there simply wasn't. If we let a bad call by refs deflate us of all fight, we're not going to win another game this season.

Full disclosure: I did not watch the game. Columbus market got CIN vs PIT, so I let Mrs. Digger have the remote and a Love It Or List It marathon ensued.

Sorry to brag, but those are just facts.

However, I did see in my timeline that not only did Chubb get starved of carries again, but Hyde blew a big blitz pickup and got Baker hit.

What excuses are left? I'll hang up and listen. 

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Full disclosure: I did not watch the game. Columbus market got CIN vs PIT, so I let Mrs. Digger have the remote and a Love It Or List It marathon ensued.

Sorry to brag, but those are just facts.

However, I did see in my timeline that not only did Chubb get starved of carries again, but Hyde blew a big blitz pickup and got Baker hit.

What excuses are left? I'll hang up and listen. 

None ! Tbh ditch these coaches are just enjoying the last of their paychecks because they’re all gone. 

11 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Why? So you can completely turn on him and constantly rip him after his 1st loss? I have been around these boards a very long time and you are hands down the most negative poster in the history of the forum. I usually ignore your negative Nancy post but I just don't care this morning. Honestly I prefer the MC move of completely abandoning your team as opposed to the patented brucey constant complaining and negative attitude. Seriously though Baker Mayfield could come out slinging for 450 yards and 4 TDS and Nick Chubb runs for 150 and a TD and Browns win, but I 100% guarantee brucey would no doubt be complaining about something.

tbh, I have no idea what my post referred to and, hence, no idea what you are talking about.

btw: I would love to see that kind of production, provided we won.;)

Archived